What is involved in Sales process engineering
Find out what the related areas are that Sales process engineering connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Sales process engineering thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Sales process engineering journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Sales process engineering leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Sales process engineering related domains to cover and 130 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Sales process engineering, Business process reengineering, Continual improvement process, Customer service, Deming circle, Engineering, If Japan Can… Why Can’t We?, Marketing, Performance metric, Sales engineering, Sales management, Sales process, Scientific management, Selling, Six Sigma, The Shingo Prize for excellence in manufacturing, Theory of constraints, Total quality management, Tradesman:
Sales process engineering Critical Criteria:
Pilot Sales process engineering governance and arbitrate Sales process engineering techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Sales process engineering strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Why should we adopt a Sales process engineering framework?
Business process reengineering Critical Criteria:
Read up on Business process reengineering outcomes and define Business process reengineering competency-based leadership.
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Sales process engineering activities?
– How can skill-level changes improve Sales process engineering?
– How do we go about Securing Sales process engineering?
Continual improvement process Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Continual improvement process strategies and ask what if.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Sales process engineering objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Sales process engineering project manager?
– How will you know that the Sales process engineering project has been successful?
Customer service Critical Criteria:
Depict Customer service planning and check on ways to get started with Customer service.
– Every client is unique, how in the world can we go about designing a Customer Service culture with all the diverse backgrounds, attitudes, and preferences?
– How can you negotiate Sales process engineering successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Do the functional areas need business process integration (e.g., order entl. billing, or Customer Service)?
– How can we effectively communicate with someone who has difficulty with the english language?
– What kind of qualities would staff members who deliver stellar Customer Service possess?
– Do customers receive the same service from each place/site within your organization?
– What do you do when you loose your temper with a Customer Service professional?
– How can we ensure Customer Service reps are listening to the customer?
– How do we know if we are measuring or meeting our customer s needs?
– Is local, toll-free or collect-call phone access available 24/7?
– How often do you tell other people about your good experience?
– Customer Service: How can social CRM improve service quality?
– How often do you direct the caller to our web site?
– So how do we add value to the customer experience?
– Are our messages friendly and respectful?
– Do we track problems, so we can improve?
– How do you think your customers see you?
– How do you currently manage complaints?
– How can Customer Service be improved?
– Do beliefs differ from values?
Deming circle Critical Criteria:
Consult on Deming circle tasks and find the essential reading for Deming circle researchers.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Sales process engineering products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Sales process engineering process?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Sales process engineering objectives?
Engineering Critical Criteria:
Examine Engineering results and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Engineering is getting what it needs.
– The approach of traditional Sales process engineering works for detail complexity but is focused on a systematic approach rather than an understanding of the nature of systems themselves. what approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– When observing natural systems, complexity theorists can identify, to some degree, which systems have these features. to apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– The pp and the semp define the tasks and schedule for the project and the processes that will be followed to produce the deliverables. once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– What happens if new needs (or more likely new requirements) are identified after the final needs or requirements have been developed?
– What will take the place of magnitude in our attempts to discern a power-law relationship?
– How are drawings controlled, both while in engineering and after release to the program?
– How do engineering changes interface with the configuration management process?
– Once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– Do the requirements satisfy the intent and all key items of the need?
– What is the problem or opportunity addressed by the system?
– Does the requirement have a verification method assigned?
– Are the requirements mapped to one or more user needs?
– How will functionality be verified and validated?
– Do we have past Sales process engineering Successes?
– What solution options may be appropriate?
– What parts are connected to each other?
– What priorities are appropriate?
– Multiple development cycles?
– Right requirements?
If Japan Can… Why Can’t We? Critical Criteria:
Model after If Japan Can… Why Can’t We? tactics and remodel and develop an effective If Japan Can… Why Can’t We? strategy.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Sales process engineering goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How do we know that any Sales process engineering analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Marketing Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Marketing failures and do something to it.
– What are 3rd party licenses integrated with the current CRM, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Sales process engineering workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Is there an existing crm and email marketing relationship already in place, that can/should be leveraged or should we select a new solution altogether?
– What instore sales drivers do you need to focus on in order to take advantage of the evolution to shopper marketing?
– In imc, you learn to ask how specifically does your company or business communicate effectively with the audiences?
– What are the problems, opportunities and anticipated issues that public relations can address?
– How do we measure improved Sales process engineering service perception, and satisfaction?
– How is Business Intelligence affecting marketing decisions during the Digital Revolution?
– What is integrated marketing communications, and why it becoming increasingly accepted?
– Is the promotion consistent with the product positioning and other marketing plans?
– What is most important and will help us best achieve the marketing objective?
– Can disclosures be effective remedies in advertising and consumer protection?
– Have creative solutions or special opportunities been fully explored?
– Message – what are the specific messages to be communicated?
– What are the key features, benefits of the program/project?
– What potential problems may complicate test marketing?
– What audience(s) should we be targeting?
– Do you see things other people miss?
– Sector companies handle promotion?
Performance metric Critical Criteria:
Systematize Performance metric risks and find answers.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Sales process engineering information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Is there a Sales process engineering Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– To what extent does management recognize Sales process engineering as a tool to increase the results?
– Have you defined IT risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported?
Sales engineering Critical Criteria:
Explore Sales engineering results and question.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Sales process engineering? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What will drive Sales process engineering change?
Sales management Critical Criteria:
Derive from Sales management goals and devote time assessing Sales management and its risk.
– Do the Sales process engineering decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Sales process engineering project?
– What are the short and long-term Sales process engineering goals?
Sales process Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Sales process leadership and correct Sales process management by competencies.
– Is maximizing Sales process engineering protection the same as minimizing Sales process engineering loss?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Sales process engineering project?
– How to Secure Sales process engineering?
Scientific management Critical Criteria:
Review Scientific management results and gather Scientific management models .
– When a Sales process engineering manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How can the value of Sales process engineering be defined?
– Are there recognized Sales process engineering problems?
Selling Critical Criteria:
Pilot Selling management and cater for concise Selling education.
– Users increasingly demand from web sites the ability to get information that is customized to their interests and needs. Many web sites now tailor their content through the use of architectures designed to support multiple audience types, or through technologies that allow users to profile their personal interests. These kinds of sites demonstrate that their designers are sensitive to the fact the users arent all the same. Besides the influence of users, marketing efforts have driven this trend to a large degree: why present general information to the broadest audience (e.g., trying to sell tobacco products to everyone, including the antismoking activists) when you can target information to prequalified market segments (e.g., selling expensive cigars to yuppies)?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Sales process engineering experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Am I making the right decisions related to balancing acquisition, cross-selling and upselling and for the right customer groups?
– What are the unique selling points (USPs) that may differentiate our product offering compared with competitors?
– What is the major advantage of personal selling over advertising as a communication method?
– The selling environment: what communications laws and policies will we face?
– How well do the unique selling points match our strengths and weaknesses?
– Will Sales process engineering deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– If our customer were my grandmother, would I tell her to buy what were selling?
– The selling chain: what is the nature of our middlemen or the trade?
– How is the value delivered by Sales process engineering being measured?
– How important is selling?
– What was selling?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Six Sigma tactics and look in other fields.
– Does Sales process engineering include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– How do we manage Sales process engineering Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How is lean six sigma different from TOGAF architecture?
The Shingo Prize for excellence in manufacturing Critical Criteria:
Deduce The Shingo Prize for excellence in manufacturing risks and probe using an integrated framework to make sure The Shingo Prize for excellence in manufacturing is getting what it needs.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Sales process engineering is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Sales process engineering?
– What is our Sales process engineering Strategy?
Theory of constraints Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Theory of constraints adoptions and find out.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Sales process engineering strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What notable similarities and differences exist among systems thinking lean thinking and the theory of constraints?
– Does Sales process engineering create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What is this thing called theory of constraints and how should it be implemented?
– What threat is Sales process engineering addressing?
Total quality management Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Total quality management engagements and probe Total quality management strategic alliances.
– Do we all define Sales process engineering in the same way?
Tradesman Critical Criteria:
Shape Tradesman outcomes and improve Tradesman service perception.
– Will Sales process engineering have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Is Sales process engineering dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are the long-term Sales process engineering goals?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Sales process engineering Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Sales process engineering External links:
Justin Roff-Marsh | Sales Process Engineering
The Machine (book) | Sales Process Engineering
What is sales process engineering? – Quora
Business process reengineering External links:
BUSINESS PROCESS REENGINEERING: Essays
Job: BUSINESS PROCESS REENGINEERING | Master …
Customer service External links:
ODJFS | Child Support Customer Service Portal
Customer Service Center | Liberty Mutual
Entergy Online Customer Service Center
Deming circle External links:
Products Archive – Deming Circle
Marketing External links:
Velma – Your Virtual Marketing Assistant
Salesforce Marketing Cloud – Exact Target
Performance metric External links:
What Is a Good Performance Metric? | Chron.com
Sales management External links:
Sales management for small businesses – Intuit QuickBooks
Efficio – Media Sales Management – CRM, Yield, Proposal
2017 Sales Management Conference – Atlanta, Georgia
Sales process External links:
TopOPPS: AI for Sales Forecasting & Sales Process …
The 7 Steps of the Sales Process | The Steady Sales Group
CRM Solutions, Sales Process Automation – Tour de Force
Scientific management External links:
Scientific Management Flashcards | Quizlet
Frederick Taylor & Scientific Management – NetMBA
Six Sigma External links:
Six Sigma Certification and Training – Lean 6 Sigma
Lean Six Sigma | Greenville Technical College
The Shingo Prize for excellence in manufacturing External links:
The Shingo Prize for Excellence in Manufacturing …
Theory of constraints External links:
Theory of Constraints PPT | Inventory | Leadership
Theory of Constraints by Eliyahu M. Goldratt – Goodreads
Theory of constraints. (eVideo, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Total quality management External links:
Total Quality Management – TQM Definition – Investopedia
[PDF]CHAPTER Total Quality Management – Wiley: Home
Total Quality Management (TQM) – Encyclopedia – …
Tradesman External links:
Coventry Log Homes | Our Log Home Designs | Tradesman Series
Ram C/V Tradesman Official Site
2017 Ram 2500 Tradesman 4×2 Reg Cab 8′ Box – Roadshow