What is involved in Operational Excellence
Find out what the related areas are that Operational Excellence connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Operational Excellence thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Operational Excellence journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Operational Excellence leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Operational Excellence related domains to cover and 50 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Operational Excellence, Management fad, Organizational intelligence, Organizational leadership, Performance metric, Scientific Management, Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence, Six Sigma, Sustainable, The Toyota Way, Toyota Production System:
Operational Excellence Critical Criteria:
Consider Operational Excellence decisions and develop and take control of the Operational Excellence initiative.
– what is the best design framework for Operational Excellence organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Operational Excellence project?
– How do enterprise systems help businesses achieve operational excellence?
Management fad Critical Criteria:
Chat re Management fad visions and optimize Management fad leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Operational Excellence strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Operational Excellence is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Operational Excellence process?
Organizational intelligence Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Organizational intelligence outcomes and look in other fields.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Operational Excellence products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Operational Excellence process?
– How will you measure your Operational Excellence effectiveness?
Organizational leadership Critical Criteria:
Model after Organizational leadership goals and be persistent.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Operational Excellence does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Operational Excellence goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How likely is the current Operational Excellence plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Performance metric Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Performance metric tactics and document what potential Performance metric megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Have you defined IT risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported?
– What vendors make products that address the Operational Excellence needs?
– Are there Operational Excellence Models?
Scientific Management Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Scientific Management adoptions and find out.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Operational Excellence in a volatile global economy?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Operational Excellence with what users do day-to-day?
– What about Operational Excellence Analysis of results?
Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence Critical Criteria:
Mix Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence decisions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence projects.
– How do we go about Comparing Operational Excellence approaches/solutions?
– What is our formula for success in Operational Excellence ?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Six Sigma engagements and optimize Six Sigma leadership as a key to advancement.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Operational Excellence objectives?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Operational Excellence activities?
– Who will provide the final approval of Operational Excellence deliverables?
– How is lean six sigma different from TOGAF architecture?
Sustainable Critical Criteria:
Reason over Sustainable governance and drive action.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Operational Excellence process?
– For your Operational Excellence project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Which of my customers have the potential for a high-profit, sustainable relationship?
– What is the firms sustainable growth rate?
– Is small scale independence sustainable?
– Are the activities sustainable?
The Toyota Way Critical Criteria:
Define The Toyota Way engagements and define what our big hairy audacious The Toyota Way goal is.
– What are the disruptive Operational Excellence technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Have you identified your Operational Excellence key performance indicators?
Toyota Production System Critical Criteria:
Study Toyota Production System tasks and describe which business rules are needed as Toyota Production System interface.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Operational Excellence?
– What are the business goals Operational Excellence is aiming to achieve?
– What will drive Operational Excellence change?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Operational Excellence Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Operational Excellence External links:
Pega – Customer Engagement and Operational Excellence …
[PDF]Educational and Operational Excellence Unit, Title I …
Management fad External links:
Six Sigma…a Stupid Management Fad? | NC State …
Is ‘mindfulness’ just another management fad? | Fortune
Is / Was Six Sigma a management fad? – Updated 2017
Organizational intelligence External links:
Beckman Awards Program in Organizational Intelligence …
Institutional Research as Organizational Intelligence – …
DNA-7 – Organizational Intelligence – YouTube
Organizational leadership External links:
Online MSN in Organizational Leadership | USC Online
Organizational Leadership Assessment : servant leadership
PhD Organizational Leadership Programs | Doctorate …
Performance metric External links:
[PDF]FHA’s Proposed Supplemental Performance Metric
performance metrics – Wiktionary
What Is a Good Performance Metric? | Chron.com
Scientific Management External links:
Frederick Taylor & Scientific Management – NetMBA
Scientific Management Flashcards | Quizlet
Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence External links:
[PDF]The Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence – ICBE
Six Sigma External links:
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification – Acuity Institute
Six Sigma Certification and Training – Lean 6 Sigma
Sustainable External links:
Home .:. Sustainable Development Knowledge Platform
Sustainable Seafood | Whole Foods Market
Home | Sustainable Sites Initiative
The Toyota Way External links:
The Way And “The Toyota Way” – Next Gener.Asian Church
TPS or the Toyota Way? – Lean manufacturing
Hino and the TOYOTA Way | Toyota | Lean Manufacturing
Toyota Production System External links:
Toyota Production System Support Center, Inc. (TSSC)
[PDF]TOYOTA PRODUCTION SYSTEM BASIC …
Lean Six Sigma and the Toyota Production System