What is involved in datastage
Find out what the related areas are that datastage connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a datastage thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its IBM InfoSphere DataStage journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward IBM InfoSphere DataStage leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which datastage related domains to cover and 51 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
datastage, IBM InfoSphere DataStage, Ascential Software, Computing platform, Data integration, Extract, transform, load, IBM U2, Informix Corporation, Mainframe computer, Oracle Corporation, PeopleSoft, Rocket U2, Service-oriented architecture, Software categories, Software developer, Software release life cycle:
datastage Critical Criteria:
Analyze datastage goals and oversee implementation of datastage.
– What are the barriers to increased datastage production?
– What are the long-term datastage goals?
IBM InfoSphere DataStage Critical Criteria:
Debate over IBM InfoSphere DataStage strategies and catalog IBM InfoSphere DataStage activities.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for datastage strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Will datastage deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How can skill-level changes improve datastage?
Ascential Software Critical Criteria:
Investigate Ascential Software leadership and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Ascential Software.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of datastage into the services that we provide?
– How likely is the current datastage plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What vendors make products that address the datastage needs?
Computing platform Critical Criteria:
Frame Computing platform leadership and intervene in Computing platform processes and leadership.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about datastage. How do we gain traction?
– Does the datastage task fit the clients priorities?
– What will drive datastage change?
Data integration Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Data integration results and document what potential Data integration megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Which customers cant participate in our datastage domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether datastage goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– Which Oracle Data Integration products are used in your solution?
– Why is datastage important for you now?
Extract, transform, load Critical Criteria:
Depict Extract, transform, load failures and look for lots of ideas.
– Think of your datastage project. what are the main functions?
– What are our datastage Processes?
– Is datastage Required?
IBM U2 Critical Criteria:
Generalize IBM U2 results and shift your focus.
– What are the Key enablers to make this datastage move?
Informix Corporation Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Informix Corporation tasks and correct Informix Corporation management by competencies.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to datastage? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are all of our datastage domains and what do they do?
– What is our formula for success in datastage ?
Mainframe computer Critical Criteria:
Analyze Mainframe computer risks and develop and take control of the Mainframe computer initiative.
– What business benefits will datastage goals deliver if achieved?
Oracle Corporation Critical Criteria:
Categorize Oracle Corporation quality and slay a dragon.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of datastage product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the datastage process?
PeopleSoft Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with PeopleSoft results and spearhead techniques for implementing PeopleSoft.
– Does datastage analysis show the relationships among important datastage factors?
– What are the short and long-term datastage goals?
Rocket U2 Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Rocket U2 outcomes and correct better engagement with Rocket U2 results.
– Among the datastage product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Are accountability and ownership for datastage clearly defined?
– How can you measure datastage in a systematic way?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Confer re Service-oriented architecture risks and innovate what needs to be done with Service-oriented architecture.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in datastage?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Discuss Software categories governance and know what your objective is.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a datastage process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the datastage process available?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Software developer quality and forecast involvement of future Software developer projects in development.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once datastage is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its datastage processes?
– Does datastage appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Software release life cycle Critical Criteria:
Adapt Software release life cycle quality and pioneer acquisition of Software release life cycle systems.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your datastage strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of datastage that make it risky?
– How will you measure your datastage effectiveness?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the IBM InfoSphere DataStage Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
datastage External links:
Datastage-Stages | InfoSphere DataStage – IBM
InfoSphere DataStage Server – IBM MediaCenter
Datastage-Stages | InfoSphere DataStage – IBM | Page 2
IBM InfoSphere DataStage External links:
IBM InfoSphere DataStage Job Status Codes – United States
Ascential Software External links:
IBM Completes Acquisition Of Ascential Software
Ascential Software Corporation Reports Second Quarter …
Computing platform External links:
DeepBrainChain: Decentralized AI Computing Platform
MCP50 | Mobile Computing Platform | USA Fleet Solutions
Extract, transform, load External links:
What is ETL (Extract, Transform, Load)? Webopedia Definition
IBM U2 External links:
IBM U2-W-SCSi AHA-2940U2B PCI Adapter AHA …
www.ebay.com › … › Disk Controllers/RAID Cards
Mainframe computer External links:
IBM Mainframe Computer Operator Jobs, Employment | …
IBM Mainframe Computer Operator Jobs, Employment | …
Mainframe Computer Operator Jobs – Apply Now | …
Oracle Corporation External links:
ORCL : Summary for Oracle Corporation – Yahoo Finance
Oracle Corporation (ORCL) Earnings Report Date – …
Oracle Corporation – ORCL – Stock Price Today – Zacks
PeopleSoft External links:
Welcome to PeopleSoft!
Oracle PeopleSoft Sign-in
Title Peoplesoft Consultant Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Rocket U2 External links:
Error, “[Rocket U2][UVODBC]Error ID: 46 …
Rocket U2 Clients | Rocket Software
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Service-Oriented Architecture Summary | Accenture
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Software categories External links:
How to Create Custom Software Categories
NCH Software Categories for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
Software developer External links:
Software Developer | CyberGrants
Software Developer | Internal Revenue Service
Job Information: Software Developer Job
Software release life cycle External links:
Software release life cycle – Fitness, Health & Technology
Software Release Life Cycle – Quora
Software release life cycle | 9to5Mac