What is involved in Digital Marketing
Find out what the related areas are that Digital Marketing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Digital Marketing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Digital Marketing Strategy journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Digital Marketing Strategy leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Digital Marketing related domains to cover and 77 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Digital Marketing, Affiliate marketing, Consumer privacy, Customer Data Platform, Customer engagement, Digital marketing engineer, Digital marketing system, Digital promotion, Display advertising, Distributed presence, Email marketing, Influencer marketing, Interactive marketing, Mobile marketing, Multimedia Messaging Service, Online advertising, Pay per click, Public relations, Search engine marketing, Search engine optimization, Social Media Marketing, Social media optimization, User intent, Video advertising, Visual marketing:
Digital Marketing Critical Criteria:
Face Digital Marketing results and describe which business rules are needed as Digital Marketing interface.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Digital Marketing leaders?
– How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?
– How can the value of Digital Marketing be defined?
Affiliate marketing Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Affiliate marketing governance and check on ways to get started with Affiliate marketing.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Digital Marketing in a volatile global economy?
Consumer privacy Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Consumer privacy planning and report on the economics of relationships managing Consumer privacy and constraints.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Digital Marketing activities?
– What is the purpose of Digital Marketing in relation to the mission?
Customer Data Platform Critical Criteria:
Check Customer Data Platform planning and catalog what business benefits will Customer Data Platform goals deliver if achieved.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Digital Marketing processes?
– What are specific Digital Marketing Rules to follow?
Customer engagement Critical Criteria:
Grade Customer engagement quality and grade techniques for implementing Customer engagement controls.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Digital Marketing workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Are virtual assistants the future of Customer Service?
– What are current Digital Marketing Paradigms?
Digital marketing engineer Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Digital marketing engineer strategies and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Digital marketing engineer results.
– Does Digital Marketing include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are the barriers to increased Digital Marketing production?
– Do we have past Digital Marketing Successes?
Digital marketing system Critical Criteria:
Debate over Digital marketing system strategies and improve Digital marketing system service perception.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Digital Marketing process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Digital Marketing process available?
– How much does Digital Marketing help?
– Are there Digital Marketing Models?
Digital promotion Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Digital promotion projects and observe effective Digital promotion.
– Can we do Digital Marketing without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How do we go about Securing Digital Marketing?
Display advertising Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Display advertising decisions and finalize specific methods for Display advertising acceptance.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Digital Marketing strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Do Digital Marketing rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Distributed presence Critical Criteria:
Systematize Distributed presence decisions and cater for concise Distributed presence education.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Digital Marketing processes?
– Are assumptions made in Digital Marketing stated explicitly?
– What will drive Digital Marketing change?
Email marketing Critical Criteria:
Grasp Email marketing governance and devise Email marketing key steps.
– What are 3rd party licenses integrated with the current CRM, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
– What are 3rd party licenses integrated, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
– Is there an existing crm and email marketing relationship already in place, that can/should be leveraged or should we select a new solution altogether?
– What are the key reasons for integrating your email marketing system with your CRM?
– What are the short and long-term Digital Marketing goals?
– How is the value delivered by Digital Marketing being measured?
– How do we keep improving Digital Marketing?
Influencer marketing Critical Criteria:
Detail Influencer marketing leadership and get going.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Digital Marketing product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Digital Marketing process?
– How can you negotiate Digital Marketing successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Interactive marketing Critical Criteria:
Check Interactive marketing results and observe effective Interactive marketing.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Digital Marketing services/products?
– Will Digital Marketing have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are our needs in relation to Digital Marketing skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How does interactive marketing fit with existing marketing campaigns?
Mobile marketing Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Mobile marketing issues and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Mobile marketing.
– In a project to restructure Digital Marketing outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Digital Marketing moving forward?
Multimedia Messaging Service Critical Criteria:
Trace Multimedia Messaging Service decisions and reduce Multimedia Messaging Service costs.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Digital Marketing project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Digital Marketing project lifecycle?
– Do those selected for the Digital Marketing team have a good general understanding of what Digital Marketing is all about?
Online advertising Critical Criteria:
Consult on Online advertising planning and grade techniques for implementing Online advertising controls.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Digital Marketing? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What is our formula for success in Digital Marketing ?
Pay per click Critical Criteria:
Reason over Pay per click adoptions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Pay per click.
– Does Digital Marketing create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Will Digital Marketing deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Why should we adopt a Digital Marketing framework?
Public relations Critical Criteria:
Coach on Public relations leadership and report on setting up Public relations without losing ground.
– If the single biggest influence in shaping consumers attitudes is community organizations, what are they and how can public relations help?
– What are your public relations problems and opportunities based on the product/program and consumer lifecycles?
– What are the problems, opportunities and anticipated issues that public relations can address?
– What do public relations professionals need to do to become excellent leaders?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Digital Marketing?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Digital Marketing effort?
Search engine marketing Critical Criteria:
Define Search engine marketing tasks and correct better engagement with Search engine marketing results.
Search engine optimization Critical Criteria:
Face Search engine optimization adoptions and assess what counts with Search engine optimization that we are not counting.
– How important is Digital Marketing to the user organizations mission?
– Are we Assessing Digital Marketing and Risk?
Social Media Marketing Critical Criteria:
Steer Social Media Marketing governance and work towards be a leading Social Media Marketing expert.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Digital Marketing delivery for example is new software needed?
– Are accountability and ownership for Digital Marketing clearly defined?
– How do we Lead with Digital Marketing in Mind?
Social media optimization Critical Criteria:
Analyze Social media optimization decisions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Social media optimization because they lack skills.
– How do we know that any Digital Marketing analysis is complete and comprehensive?
User intent Critical Criteria:
Experiment with User intent engagements and intervene in User intent processes and leadership.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Digital Marketing into the services that we provide?
– Is maximizing Digital Marketing protection the same as minimizing Digital Marketing loss?
– What are our Digital Marketing Processes?
Video advertising Critical Criteria:
Focus on Video advertising failures and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Video advertising.
– Is the Digital Marketing organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Which Digital Marketing goals are the most important?
– What are the long-term Digital Marketing goals?
Visual marketing Critical Criteria:
Boost Visual marketing governance and balance specific methods for improving Visual marketing results.
– What are the business goals Digital Marketing is aiming to achieve?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Digital Marketing Strategy Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Digital Marketing External links:
Chicago – Digital Marketing Conference
What is Digital Marketing? | mobileStorm
Affiliate marketing External links:
LinkConnector | Established Affiliate Marketing Network
What is Affiliate Marketing | Commission Junction US
Consumer privacy External links:
Consumer Privacy Preference | Consumer Privacy from SunTrust
U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice from Bank of America
Consumer Privacy Should Be Top-of-Mind for FinTech …
Customer Data Platform External links:
Customer Data Platforms Overview | TrustRadius
Analytics API and Customer Data Platform · Segment
Omniata – The Customer Data Platform – Omniata
Customer engagement External links:
Customer Engagement Manager Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Pega – Customer Engagement and Operational …
Customer engagement (CE) is an effect, a reaction, a connection, a response and/or an experience of customers with one another, with a company or a brand. The initiative for engagement can be either consumer-or company-led and the medium of engagement can be on or offline.
Digital marketing engineer External links:
Northlands | Digital Marketing Engineer & SEM Ninja
Digital Marketing Engineer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Digital Marketing Engineer – Home | Facebook
Digital marketing system External links:
Digital Marketing System Pvt. Ltd. | Digital Controls
A digital marketing system (DMS) is a method of centralized channel distribution used primarily by SaaS products. It combines a content management system (CMS) with syndication across web, mobile, scannable surface, and social channels.
AdPlotter Digital Marketing System
Digital promotion External links:
Digital Promotion – The Columbus Dispatch – Columbus, OH
Digital Promotion Demos | Zimmer Radio & Marketing Group
90 Day Digital Promotion Plan – August 2017 Webinar – YouTube
Display advertising External links:
Expedia Media Solutions :: Display Advertising
Email marketing External links:
Email Marketing. Just Like That. | VerticalResponse
Real Estate Email Marketing & Newsletters | IXACT Contact
Influencer marketing External links:
Influencer Marketing Platform & Custom Content | IZEA
Influencer Marketing – Tomoson
Influencer Marketing Platform and Agency – Reelio
Interactive marketing External links:
Chicago Interactive Marketing Association | Events
Chicago Interactive Marketing Association
Mobile marketing External links:
Mobile Marketing Made EZ – EZ Texting
The Mobile Marketing Platform | Leanplum
1Q | Instant Mobile Marketing / Market Research
Multimedia Messaging Service External links:
AT&T – Cingular(R) Multimedia Messaging Service – Text …
MMS Texting | Multimedia Messaging Service | Aerialink
MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) – Tech-FAQ
Online advertising External links:
Denver Online Advertising Agency | Booyah
Public relations External links:
Ogilvy Public Relations
Public Relations – Americas Job Exchange
Public Relations Job Titles and Descriptions – The Balance
Search engine marketing External links:
DFWSEM | Dallas/Fort Worth Search Engine Marketing …
SEMpdx | Search Engine Marketing Assoc. of Portland, …
Minnesota Search Engine Marketing Association – MnSearch
Search engine optimization External links:
Beginner’s Guide to SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – Moz
Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Getting Started
Ultimate Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Strategies …
Social Media Marketing External links:
SOCi Social Media Marketing & Management Platform
Social Media Marketing – Mashable
Social media optimization External links:
Social Media Optimization (SMO) Definition | Investopedia
PPAI Webinars: Social Media Optimization
User intent External links:
User Intent: It’s the Future of SEO – Search Engine Journal
How to Use User Intent for Better Keyword Research Spin …
5 Tips, Tools and Tricks for Understanding User Intent
Video advertising External links:
Changing The Game – EpiphanyAI – Empowered Video Advertising
Visual marketing External links:
[PDF]Visual Marketing for Main Street
Visual marketing is the discipline studying the relationship between an object, the context it is placed in and its relevant image. Representing a disciplinary link between economy, visual perception laws and cognitive psychology, the subject mainly applies to businesses such as fashion and design.