What is involved in Managed Object
Find out what the related areas are that Managed Object connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Managed Object thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Managed Object journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Managed Object leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Managed Object related domains to cover and 85 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Managed Object, Administration, Business operations, Carrier interferometry, Copyright status of work by the U.S. government, Device driver, General Services Administration, MIL-STD-188, Management Information Base, Provisioning, Repair and maintenance, Telecommunication, Telecommunications network, Window:
Managed Object Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Managed Object projects and develop and take control of the Managed Object initiative.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Managed Object been identified and analyzed?
Administration Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Administration projects and pioneer acquisition of Administration systems.
– Rapid application development (rad) techniques have been around for about two decades now and have been used with varying degrees of success. sometimes rad is required for certain projects. but rad can be bad for database design. why?
– Does the tool in use provide the ability for role-based administration for sub-administrators (e.g., administrators for a specific domain) to restrict access and visibility into system data and system changes (if applicable)?
– If an institution contracts with an entity or individual to provide financial aid staffing or management for the administration of its Title IV programs, is the individual or entity considered a third-party servicer?
– Disaster recovery planning, also called contingency planning, is the process of preparing your organizations assets and operations in case of a disaster. but what do we define as a disaster?
– Does we want individuals to be trained to be able to manage the user accounts, curriculum structures, catalog listings, and other administration functions?
– For your Managed Object project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Administration What is in place to develop and maintain an appropriate IAM strategy, policies, procedures, and ongoing operations?
– Does remote server administration require multi-factor authentication of administrative users for systems and databases?
– Question to cloud provider: Does your platform offer delegated administration for my organization to administer users?
– Does the tool we use provide the ability to delegate role-based user administration to Agency Administrator by domain?
– Are special privileges restricted to systems administration personnel with an approved need to have these privileges?
– Do I have the necessary cloud-aware system administration tools required to manage and maintain my applications?
– Are secure, encrypted communications used for remote administration of production systems and applications?
– Is there a reference model the organization can use during the administration process?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Managed Object processes of our organization?
– What type and complexity of system administration roles?
– What is the flexibility of administration?
Business operations Critical Criteria:
Pilot Business operations quality and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Business operations.
– Think about the people you identified for your Managed Object project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Managed Object is underway?
– Is legal review performed on all intellectual property utilized in the course of your business operations?
– How to move the data in legacy systems to the cloud environment without interrupting business operations?
– Is the scope of Managed Object defined?
Carrier interferometry Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Carrier interferometry adoptions and raise human resource and employment practices for Carrier interferometry.
– When a Managed Object manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Is Managed Object dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What threat is Managed Object addressing?
Copyright status of work by the U.S. government Critical Criteria:
Adapt Copyright status of work by the U.S. government leadership and develop and take control of the Copyright status of work by the U.S. government initiative.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Managed Object, including any consulting or professional services?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Managed Object process?
– Which Managed Object goals are the most important?
Device driver Critical Criteria:
Investigate Device driver results and give examples utilizing a core of simple Device driver skills.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Managed Object in a volatile global economy?
– How would one define Managed Object leadership?
General Services Administration Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase General Services Administration adoptions and oversee General Services Administration management by competencies.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Managed Object project?
MIL-STD-188 Critical Criteria:
Prioritize MIL-STD-188 engagements and work towards be a leading MIL-STD-188 expert.
– How likely is the current Managed Object plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How do we maintain Managed Objects Integrity?
Management Information Base Critical Criteria:
Read up on Management Information Base strategies and remodel and develop an effective Management Information Base strategy.
– How will you know that the Managed Object project has been successful?
– What is our formula for success in Managed Object ?
Provisioning Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Provisioning adoptions and check on ways to get started with Provisioning.
– How can I automatically provision user accounts with cloud services and automate the process of provisoning and deprovisioning?
– Can your saas application provisioning system integrate with existing on-premise Identity and Access Management systems?
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– Are user identities performing all of the functions granted to them through the provisioning process?
– Does a provisioning solution support integration with our on-premise identity repository?
– Provisioning How is access granted, monitored, and removed within the environment?
– Should encryption be used to protect sensitive information in transit and storage?
– What has been done as regards standards and voluntary certification?
– Can Cloud processes or functions be manipulated by an outsider?
– How to extend current cluster services using cloud technology?
– Can we do Managed Object without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What is the importance of standards-based cloud computing?
– Ca Employees of our cloud provider access the assets?
– Did you evaluate risks related to your cloud assets?
– Are the on-premises solutions completely secure?
– Resource provisioning algos in cloud computing?
– How do we Lead with Managed Object in Mind?
– What is data, what is metadata?
– What are our Managed Object Processes?
Repair and maintenance Critical Criteria:
Derive from Repair and maintenance outcomes and correct Repair and maintenance management by competencies.
– How do we go about Securing Managed Object?
– How to Secure Managed Object?
Telecommunication Critical Criteria:
Confer over Telecommunication governance and grade techniques for implementing Telecommunication controls.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Managed Object models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– How does each element of our Telecommunications (TC) and Data Communications affect the basic structure of Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (C.I.A.)?
– Are interdependent service providers (for example, fuel suppliers, telecommunications providers, meter data processors) included in risk assessments?
– What is the proper regulatory classification for voip services (telecommunications or value-added)?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Managed Object with what users do day-to-day?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Managed Object requirements in detail?
– Voip – telecommunications or value added service?
Telecommunications network Critical Criteria:
Generalize Telecommunications network tasks and point out improvements in Telecommunications network.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Managed Object move?
– What will drive Managed Object change?
– Why should we adopt a Managed Object framework?
Window Critical Criteria:
Guide Window failures and proactively manage Window risks.
– In the case of a Managed Object project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Managed Object project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Managed Object project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Do server configuration and management follow a build and/or configuration checklist approved by the hopkins icsc (e.g. windows server security standards)?
– Good Customer Service at a fast food drive through window is fairly easy to visualize. but what about good Customer Service in our organization?
– How will management prepare employees for a disaster, reduce the overall risks, and shorten the recovery window?
– Which of my servers are capable of migrating to Windows Server 2008 R2, or can be virtualized using Hyper-V?
– Provide interactive logon services through windows graphical identification and authentication (gina)?
– Are my web application portfolios and databases ready to migrate to the Windows Azure platform?
– Which of my PCs can run Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010, and Office 365?
– Can your software be accessed via Windows PCs and Apple Mac computers?
– What are the long-term Managed Object goals?
– Windows server security standards?
– Can you Reduce your release window by 90%?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Managed Object Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Managed Object External links:
Managed Object Format (MOF) (Windows) – …
Administration External links:
What You Can Do Online | Social Security Administration
PDP Group, Inc. – Title Administration
Small Business Administration – Official Site
Business operations External links:
Business Operations – ASAE
Business Operations Manager Jobs, Employment | …
How much does a business operations manager make?
Carrier interferometry External links:
CI – Carrier Interferometry | AcronymFinder
Device driver External links:
General Services Administration External links:
IdenTrust – General Services Administration – eOffer
[PDF]U.S. General Services Administration
U.S. General Services Administration
MIL-STD-188 External links:
[PDF]NOTICE OF VALIDATION MIL-STD-188-124B 04-Apr …
[PDF]MIL-STD-188-125-1 High-Altitude Electromagnetic …
MIL-STD-188/182 – Document Center
Management Information Base External links:
What is MANAGEMENT INFORMATION BASE? definition …
Provisioning External links:
What does initial provisioning mean? – Definitions.net
Verizon – Registration, Activation & Provisioning
[PDF]INITIAL PROVISIONING AND SPARE PARTS …
Repair and maintenance External links:
Wheelchair Van Repair and Maintenance Service | …
OEM Carrier Furnace Parts For Repair and Maintenance
Automotive Repair and Maintenance Shops | Sun Auto Service
Telecommunication External links:
[PDF]Telecommunications Act of 1996 – The United States of …
Telecommunication and Jailer Flashcards | Quizlet
Telecommunications network External links:
Telecommunications network | Britannica.com
[PDF]TELECOMMUNICATIONS NETWORK STANDARDS …
Window External links:
Window Title – Karelia Software