What is involved in Information security awareness
Find out what the related areas are that Information security awareness connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Information security awareness thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Information security awareness journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Information security awareness leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Information security awareness related domains to cover and 98 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Information security awareness, Chief information officer, Computer literacy, Computer security, Digital literacy, Information, Information security, Internet, National Cyber Security Awareness Month, Phishing, President Obama’s 2015, Security awareness, Situation awareness, Social engineering, United States Department of Homeland Security, Wall Street Journal, White House Summit on Cybersecurity and Consumer Protection:
Information security awareness Critical Criteria:
Analyze Information security awareness tasks and handle a jump-start course to Information security awareness.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Information security awareness project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Information security awareness project lifecycle?
– Is there an up-to-date information security awareness and training program in place for all system users?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Information security awareness activities?
– How do we maintain Information security awarenesss Integrity?
Chief information officer Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Chief information officer visions and question.
– What is the source of the strategies for Information security awareness strengthening and reform?
– How to Secure Information security awareness?
Computer literacy Critical Criteria:
Map Computer literacy tactics and remodel and develop an effective Computer literacy strategy.
– Does Information security awareness create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Information security awareness moving forward?
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Consult on Computer security results and explore and align the progress in Computer security.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Information security awareness project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Can we add value to the current Information security awareness decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– Do Information security awareness rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Digital literacy Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Digital literacy leadership and overcome Digital literacy skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Among the Information security awareness product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Do we monitor the Information security awareness decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Are there Information security awareness problems defined?
Information Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Information failures and intervene in Information processes and leadership.
– How is the way you as the leader think and process information affecting your organizational culture?
– what is a good application for drawing tree diagrams when planning information architecture?
– Is there a mechanism to analyze related information based on information semantics?
– What are the security information requirements of Cybersecurity stakeholders?
– What are the different types of information elements that should be modeled?
– What is the difference between customer experience and user experience?
– What are the information elements and structures involved in the KMS?
– Does senior leadership have access to Cybersecurity risk information?
– Should the generated information be made available to the enterprise?
– Is the security of application system s/w and information maintained?
– Have the standard types of search been evaluated for use?
– How is information logged, collected, and reviewed?
– Is there an information classification strategy?
– Is your archivist in the information loop?
– Image Search: What is the task?
– Does Kanban work for UX Design?
– How to measure Web usability?
– How do we index?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Start Information security governance and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Information security projects.
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– Are information security policies, including policies for access control, application and system development, operational, network and physical security, formally documented?
– Is there an information security policy to provide mgmt direction and support for information security in accordance with business requirements, relevant laws and regulations?
– Are information security events and weaknesses associated with information systems communicated in a manner to allow timely corrective action to be taken?
– Is mgmt able to determine whether security activities delegated to people or implemented by information security are performing as expected?
– Have standards for information security across all entities been established or codified into law?
– Does your organization have a chief information security officer (ciso or equivalent title)?
– Is information security ensured when using mobile computing and tele-working facilities?
– What is true about the trusted computing base in information security?
– What best describes the authorization process in information security?
– Does mgmt establish roles and responsibilities for information security?
– : Return of Information Security Investment, Are you spending enough?
– What is the main driver for information security expenditure?
Internet Critical Criteria:
Look at Internet adoptions and report on the economics of relationships managing Internet and constraints.
– New objects as the plethora of different device types, devices, gateways and IoT platforms need to be maintained because they are decentralized trust servers of the organizations using them. Management and governance enables organizations to meet both compliance and business requirements. Will your IAM system handle the increased number of relationships between users, devices, services and policies?
– Extensibility: extensibility could be a huge challenge at the edge of the network, unlike a mobile system, the things in the IoT could be very dynamic. when the owner purchases a new thing, can it be easily added to the current service without any problem?
– Do individuals have an opportunity to consent to particular uses of the information, and if so, what is the procedure by which an individual would provide such consent?
– Even the most security-conscious sectors may be unprepared for the security impact that IoT connected devices can have. So what can we do to protect IoT solutions?
– How will the information collected from individuals or derived from the system, including the system itself be checked for accuracy?
– How do we effectively analyze all of this data and ensure that meaningful and relevant data and decisions are made?
– Weve already invested in PKI how can we reuse it for mobility and internet of things?
– Who should be involved in the definition of an IoT ethical charter?
– How will IoT edge devices be monitored, managed and updated?
– What are the best examples of the Internet of things?
– Design for networking agnosticism: what is in a thing?
– Which user group(s) will have access to the system?
– How and when should changes be propagated and to which users?
– What design choices were made to enhance privacy?
– How is the information transmitted or disclosed?
– Where does the network need to be in 3-5 years?
– Does our wireless sensor network scale?
– What customer support will be needed?
– How will you access customers?
– What is a thing?
National Cyber Security Awareness Month Critical Criteria:
Wrangle National Cyber Security Awareness Month tactics and look at it backwards.
Phishing Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Phishing failures and arbitrate Phishing techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Does your company provide resources to improve end-user awareness of phishing, malware, indicators of compromise, and procedures in the event of a potential breach?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Information security awareness processes of our organization?
– What will drive Information security awareness change?
– How to Handle Email Spoofing / Phishing?
President Obama’s 2015 Critical Criteria:
Trace President Obama’s 2015 tactics and find out.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Information security awareness strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Information security awareness products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Does Information security awareness systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Security awareness Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Security awareness tactics and get the big picture.
– Is training varied to address evolving challenges and dynamic to stimulate interest (i.e. flyers, regular emails, formal classroom, it security awareness day)?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Information security awareness agendas for the next 3 years?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Information security awareness process?
– Does the security awareness program address it security?
– Do we utilize security awareness training?
Situation awareness Critical Criteria:
Design Situation awareness visions and adjust implementation of Situation awareness.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Information security awareness project?
– What is the purpose of Information security awareness in relation to the mission?
Social engineering Critical Criteria:
Canvass Social engineering adoptions and handle a jump-start course to Social engineering.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Information security awareness processes?
– Will our employees allow someone to tailgate into our facilities or will they give out their credentials to an attacker via social engineering methods?
– How do we measure improved Information security awareness service perception, and satisfaction?
– What about Information security awareness Analysis of results?
United States Department of Homeland Security Critical Criteria:
Participate in United States Department of Homeland Security goals and cater for concise United States Department of Homeland Security education.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Information security awareness workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Information security awareness strengthening and reform actually originate?
Wall Street Journal Critical Criteria:
Use past Wall Street Journal issues and find out what it really means.
– For your Information security awareness project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How do we go about Comparing Information security awareness approaches/solutions?
– Do we have past Information security awareness Successes?
White House Summit on Cybersecurity and Consumer Protection Critical Criteria:
Reason over White House Summit on Cybersecurity and Consumer Protection governance and do something to it.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Information security awareness? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Are there Information security awareness Models?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Information security awareness Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Information security awareness External links:
DHS Adminstrative Policy: Information Security Awareness
NIH Information Security Awareness Course
[PDF]FY2018 Information Security Awareness and rules of …
www.dm.usda.gov/OBP/docs/FY2018 USDA ISA Training.pdf
Chief information officer External links:
Home | Office of the Chief Information Officer
OMES: Chief Information Officer (CIO) – Home
Office of the Chief Information Officer | Department of Energy
Computer literacy External links:
Computer Literacy : Dallas County Community College District
Computer Literacy Courses in Colorado Springs
Computer Literacy Terms Flashcards | Quizlet
Computer security External links:
[PDF]Computer Security Incident Handling Guide – …
Computer Security (Cybersecurity) – The New York Times
Naked Security – Computer Security News, Advice and …
Digital literacy External links:
Digital Literacy Chapter 4 Flashcards | Quizlet
K-12 Digital Literacy Solution — Big Universe
Information External links:
Vehicle Registration and Title Information Home Page
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System
Information security External links:
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
[PDF]TITLE III INFORMATION SECURITY – Certifications
ALTA – Information Security
National Cyber Security Awareness Month External links:
National Cyber Security Awareness Month | Old Republic Title
National Cyber Security Awareness Month – Stay Safe Online
Phishing External links:
Phishing Simulation Software For Social Engineering Testing
Internet Phishing Alert | Social Security Administration
Report Phishing | Internal Revenue Service
President Obama’s 2015 External links:
President Obama’s 2015 White House Correspondents’ …
Security awareness External links:
IRS Security Awareness Tax Tips | Internal Revenue Service
CyberSKool – Playful cyber security awareness
Security Awareness Training | Security Mentor
Situation awareness External links:
CDC Situation Awareness – 2017 Natural Hazards and …
7 Situation Awareness – The National Academies Press
Social engineering External links:
Social Engineering Attacks Flashcards | Quizlet
Phishing Simulation Software For Social Engineering Testing
Wall Street Journal External links:
CLH8 Futures – Crude Oil Mar 2018 – Wall Street Journal
quotes.wsj.com/futures/CRUDE OIL – ELECTRONIC
Customer Center – The Wall Street Journal & Barron’s
The Wall Street Journal