What is involved in z OS System Program
Find out what the related areas are that z OS System Program connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a z OS System Program thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its z OS System Program journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward z OS System Program leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which z OS System Program related domains to cover and 139 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
z OS System Program, OS/VS1 BPE, ZEnterprise 114, IBM Resource Access Control Facility, IBM DB2, Backward compatibility, MFT II, OS/360 and successors, IBM Workplace OS, z OS System Program, Monolithic kernel, Linux on System z, UNIX System Services, Compatible Time-Sharing System, Single UNIX Specification, IBM 8100 DPCX, IBM 7090/94 IBSYS, SHARE Operating System, Intelligent Resource Director, Hitachi VOS3, IBM System Management Facilities, Time Sharing Option, ORVYL and WYLBUR, Michigan Terminal System, IBM Systems Network Architecture, Amdahl UTS, Resource Measurement Facility, Apache Foundation, Hierarchical File System, DOS/360 and successors, Operating system, User interface, Project Monterey, Software release life cycle, File systems, VM/XA MA, Access methods, Control Program Facility, IBM Information Management System, Proprietary software, Quality of service, VM/XA SF, IBM Academic Operating System, VM/XA SP, MVS/SE 2, Software developer, Open source software, Project Trillian, ZEnterprise 196, Internet protocol suite:
z OS System Program Critical Criteria:
Differentiate z OS System Program management and look at it backwards.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a z OS System Program strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Why is z OS System Program important for you now?
– Do we all define z OS System Program in the same way?
OS/VS1 BPE Critical Criteria:
Accumulate OS/VS1 BPE issues and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in OS/VS1 BPE.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent z OS System Program services/products?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding z OS System Program?
– Is maximizing z OS System Program protection the same as minimizing z OS System Program loss?
ZEnterprise 114 Critical Criteria:
Study ZEnterprise 114 planning and question.
– What are the key elements of your z OS System Program performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Can we add value to the current z OS System Program decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How to Secure z OS System Program?
IBM Resource Access Control Facility Critical Criteria:
Drive IBM Resource Access Control Facility results and document what potential IBM Resource Access Control Facility megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing z OS System Program? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Is there any existing z OS System Program governance structure?
– Are there z OS System Program Models?
IBM DB2 Critical Criteria:
Administer IBM DB2 planning and proactively manage IBM DB2 risks.
– Does z OS System Program analysis show the relationships among important z OS System Program factors?
– Is there a z OS System Program Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What potential environmental factors impact the z OS System Program effort?
Backward compatibility Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Backward compatibility engagements and arbitrate Backward compatibility techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Which customers cant participate in our z OS System Program domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– In a project to restructure z OS System Program outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of z OS System Program?
– Regulated Backward Compatibility and Version Numbering?
MFT II Critical Criteria:
Grade MFT II tactics and know what your objective is.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate z OS System Program delivery for example is new software needed?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed z OS System Program opportunities costing us money?
OS/360 and successors Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about OS/360 and successors governance and reduce OS/360 and successors costs.
– Does z OS System Program include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What is the total cost related to deploying z OS System Program, including any consulting or professional services?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of z OS System Program that make it risky?
IBM Workplace OS Critical Criteria:
Match IBM Workplace OS visions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure IBM Workplace OS is getting what it needs.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to z OS System Program? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your z OS System Program processes?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom z OS System Program project?
z OS System Program Critical Criteria:
Investigate z OS System Program projects and assess and formulate effective operational and z OS System Program strategies.
– How can you negotiate z OS System Program successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Is the z OS System Program organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are the long-term z OS System Program goals?
Monolithic kernel Critical Criteria:
Probe Monolithic kernel leadership and define what our big hairy audacious Monolithic kernel goal is.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether z OS System Program goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Does z OS System Program appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Linux on System z Critical Criteria:
Group Linux on System z risks and develop and take control of the Linux on System z initiative.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once z OS System Program is underway?
– What business benefits will z OS System Program goals deliver if achieved?
– How can the value of z OS System Program be defined?
UNIX System Services Critical Criteria:
Merge UNIX System Services leadership and gather practices for scaling UNIX System Services.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your z OS System Program project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
Compatible Time-Sharing System Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Compatible Time-Sharing System results and secure Compatible Time-Sharing System creativity.
– What is our formula for success in z OS System Program ?
Single UNIX Specification Critical Criteria:
Check Single UNIX Specification planning and report on the economics of relationships managing Single UNIX Specification and constraints.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its z OS System Program processes?
– What are the Essentials of Internal z OS System Program Management?
– How can you measure z OS System Program in a systematic way?
IBM 8100 DPCX Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on IBM 8100 DPCX strategies and stake your claim.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for z OS System Program strengthening and reform actually originate?
IBM 7090/94 IBSYS Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate IBM 7090/94 IBSYS leadership and triple focus on important concepts of IBM 7090/94 IBSYS relationship management.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once z OS System Program is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
SHARE Operating System Critical Criteria:
Consolidate SHARE Operating System issues and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– In what ways are z OS System Program vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Are there z OS System Program problems defined?
Intelligent Resource Director Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Intelligent Resource Director goals and ask questions.
– What will drive z OS System Program change?
Hitachi VOS3 Critical Criteria:
Trace Hitachi VOS3 issues and get answers.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect z OS System Program workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the z OS System Program process?
IBM System Management Facilities Critical Criteria:
Adapt IBM System Management Facilities strategies and pay attention to the small things.
– Do we monitor the z OS System Program decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Time Sharing Option Critical Criteria:
Sort Time Sharing Option risks and summarize a clear Time Sharing Option focus.
– Are there recognized z OS System Program problems?
– How much does z OS System Program help?
ORVYL and WYLBUR Critical Criteria:
Look at ORVYL and WYLBUR failures and frame using storytelling to create more compelling ORVYL and WYLBUR projects.
– What are the Key enablers to make this z OS System Program move?
Michigan Terminal System Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Michigan Terminal System adoptions and look for lots of ideas.
– Among the z OS System Program product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations z OS System Program values?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a z OS System Program study?
IBM Systems Network Architecture Critical Criteria:
Analyze IBM Systems Network Architecture outcomes and display thorough understanding of the IBM Systems Network Architecture process.
– what is the best design framework for z OS System Program organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What are the disruptive z OS System Program technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Amdahl UTS Critical Criteria:
Refer to Amdahl UTS quality and pay attention to the small things.
– Do those selected for the z OS System Program team have a good general understanding of what z OS System Program is all about?
Resource Measurement Facility Critical Criteria:
Study Resource Measurement Facility visions and devise Resource Measurement Facility key steps.
– What vendors make products that address the z OS System Program needs?
– How will you measure your z OS System Program effectiveness?
Apache Foundation Critical Criteria:
Study Apache Foundation strategies and customize techniques for implementing Apache Foundation controls.
– Will z OS System Program have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Why are z OS System Program skills important?
Hierarchical File System Critical Criteria:
Adapt Hierarchical File System failures and assess and formulate effective operational and Hierarchical File System strategies.
– How do we maintain z OS System Programs Integrity?
DOS/360 and successors Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect DOS/360 and successors governance and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of DOS/360 and successors.
– Have the types of risks that may impact z OS System Program been identified and analyzed?
– Does the z OS System Program task fit the clients priorities?
– What are the business goals z OS System Program is aiming to achieve?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Define Operating system strategies and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your z OS System Program activities?
– How is the value delivered by z OS System Program being measured?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
User interface Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for User interface planning and look at the big picture.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the z OS System Program requirements in detail?
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– Does a User interface survey show which search ui is better ?
– Why should we adopt a z OS System Program framework?
Project Monterey Critical Criteria:
Devise Project Monterey visions and differentiate in coordinating Project Monterey.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing z OS System Program?
Software release life cycle Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Software release life cycle results and get answers.
– Does z OS System Program create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good z OS System Program project manager?
– How do we go about Securing z OS System Program?
File systems Critical Criteria:
Mine File systems results and plan concise File systems education.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new z OS System Program in a volatile global economy?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to z OS System Program?
– What are current z OS System Program Paradigms?
VM/XA MA Critical Criteria:
Align VM/XA MA quality and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough VM/XA MA results.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a z OS System Program process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the z OS System Program process available?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the z OS System Program process?
– What is Effective z OS System Program?
Access methods Critical Criteria:
Add value to Access methods visions and find the essential reading for Access methods researchers.
– How important is z OS System Program to the user organizations mission?
– What is the purpose of z OS System Program in relation to the mission?
Control Program Facility Critical Criteria:
Analyze Control Program Facility engagements and define what our big hairy audacious Control Program Facility goal is.
IBM Information Management System Critical Criteria:
Debate over IBM Information Management System governance and create IBM Information Management System explanations for all managers.
– What are our best practices for minimizing z OS System Program project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the z OS System Program project lifecycle?
– Think about the functions involved in your z OS System Program project. what processes flow from these functions?
Proprietary software Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Proprietary software failures and find out.
– Is z OS System Program dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Quality of service Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Quality of service projects and handle a jump-start course to Quality of service.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of z OS System Program product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting z OS System Program with what users do day-to-day?
– What level of service or quality of service should the customer expect?
– Is the Quality of Service met?
– Quality of Service Met?
– Is the Quality of Service met?
– Is our Quality of Service Met?
VM/XA SF Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on VM/XA SF tasks and work towards be a leading VM/XA SF expert.
– What are the barriers to increased z OS System Program production?
– Is Supporting z OS System Program documentation required?
IBM Academic Operating System Critical Criteria:
Match IBM Academic Operating System outcomes and find the essential reading for IBM Academic Operating System researchers.
– When a z OS System Program manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How to deal with z OS System Program Changes?
VM/XA SP Critical Criteria:
Deduce VM/XA SP risks and create a map for yourself.
– In the case of a z OS System Program project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a z OS System Program project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any z OS System Program project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
MVS/SE 2 Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to MVS/SE 2 quality and catalog what business benefits will MVS/SE 2 goals deliver if achieved.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of z OS System Program into the services that we provide?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Mine Software developer adoptions and find answers.
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
Open source software Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Open source software adoptions and test out new things.
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Vetter, Infectious Open Source Software: Spreading Incentives or Promoting Resistance?
– What are all of our z OS System Program domains and what do they do?
– Is open source software development essentially an agile method?
– Do we have past z OS System Program Successes?
Project Trillian Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Project Trillian management and work towards be a leading Project Trillian expert.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic z OS System Program objectives?
ZEnterprise 196 Critical Criteria:
Probe ZEnterprise 196 tactics and intervene in ZEnterprise 196 processes and leadership.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that z OS System Program objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Internet protocol suite Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Internet protocol suite results and gather practices for scaling Internet protocol suite.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the z OS System Program Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
OS/VS1 BPE External links:
ZEnterprise 114 External links:
Introduction to the IBM zEnterprise 114 – YouTube
IBM Redbooks | IBM zEnterprise 114 Technical Guide
IBM Resource Access Control Facility External links:
IBM Resource Access Control Facility (RACF)
IBM DB2 External links:
2 Creating and Configuring an IBM DB2 Database – Oracle
Creating a read-only database user account for IBM DB2
IBM Db2 – Database software – IBM Analytics
Backward compatibility External links:
Xbox One Backward Compatibility Game List – ign.com
Xbox One Backward Compatibility | Xbox
MFT II External links:
UStar Mft II | Facebook
U Syanda Dladla Mft II | Facebook
Theories of MFT II – Strategic Flashcards | Quizlet
OS/360 and successors External links:
OS/360 and Successors | OS 360 Successors
OS/360 and successors – Sussle
OS/360 and successors – Local Business | Facebook
IBM Workplace OS External links:
IBM Workplace OS – topics.revolvy.com
topics.revolvy.com/topic/IBM Workplace OS&item_type=topic
IBM Workplace OS – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
Monolithic kernel External links:
What is Monolithic Kernel? – Definition from Techopedia
What is meant by ‘Linux has a monolithic kernel?’ – Quora
monolithic kernel vs microlithic kernel – YouTube
Linux on System z External links:
[PDF]Security for Linux on System z – IBM Redbooks
[PDF]Installation Methods for Linux on System z – VM
UNIX System Services External links:
Introduction to z/OS Unix System Services
Compatible Time-Sharing System External links:
CTSS, Compatible Time-Sharing System
[PDF]Compatible Time-Sharing System (1961 -1973) …
Compatible Time-Sharing System – Britannica.com
Single UNIX Specification External links:
The Single UNIX Specification is an industry standard description of the C language program and user command interfaces for a standard Unix operating system.
Single UNIX Specification FAQ – The Open Group
The Single UNIX Specification Version — API Tables
IBM 8100 DPCX External links:
IBM 8100 DPCX | IT History Society
IBM 7090/94 IBSYS External links:
IBM 7090/94 IBSYS – Revolvy
www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=IBM 7090/94 IBSYS
IBM 7090/94 IBSYS – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
IBM 7090/94 IBSYS | IT History Society
SHARE Operating System External links:
The share operating system for the IBM 709 – ScienceDirect
Intelligent Resource Director External links:
IBM Redbooks | z/OS Intelligent Resource Director
[PDF]z/OS Intelligent Resource Director – IBM Redbooks
Intelligent Resource Director | Value-4IT Blog
Time Sharing Option External links:
Time Sharing Option (TSO) | ADOA-ASET
aset.az.gov › 24/7
Time Sharing Option
Time Sharing Option (TSO) is an interactive time-sharing environment for IBM mainframe operating systems, including OS/360 MVT, OS/VS2 (SVS), MVS, OS/390, and z/OS. TSO fulfills a similar purpose to Unix login sessions. Time-sharing means that many persons can access the operating system concurrently, while unaware that others are also accessing the operating system.
ORVYL and WYLBUR External links:
ORVYL and WYLBUR – Infogalactic: the planetary …
Michigan Terminal System External links:
Josh Simon’s Work Information: Michigan Terminal System
Dial-Up Access by Using the Michigan Terminal System – …
IBM Systems Network Architecture External links:
IBM Systems Network Architecture ~ Artscolumbia
Amdahl UTS External links:
Amdahl UTS. UTS is a discontinued implementation of the UNIX operating system for IBM mainframe (and compatible) computers. Amdahl created the first versions of UTS, and released it in May 1981, with UTS Global acquiring rights to the product in 2002.
Resource Measurement Facility External links:
RMF – Resource Measurement Facility | AcronymFinder
Apache Foundation External links:
Ucross Foundation :: Apache Foundation
XML at The Apache Foundation
Apache Foundation – GuideStar Profile
Hierarchical File System External links:
What is a Hierarchical File System? – Computer Hope
Hierarchical File System APIs – ibm.com
CSRC – Glossary – Hierarchical File System
DOS/360 and successors External links:
DOS/360 and Successors Disk Operating System/360, …
DOS/360 and successors | Revolvy
www.revolvy.com/topic/DOS/360 and successors
Operating system External links:
Find Out Which Operating System Is on My Computer …
nCino Bank Operating System
KAR Management Operating System (MOS) – Login
User interface External links:
BlackBerry Motion review: User Interface and BlackBerry …
Download Intel® Optane™ Memory User Interface and …
User interface \
The graphical user interface (GUI /ɡuːiː/), is a type of user interface that allows users to interact with electronic devices through graphical icons and visual indicators such as secondary notation, instead of text-based user interfaces, typed command labels or text navigation.
Software release life cycle External links:
Software release life cycle | 9to5Mac
Skill Pages – Software release life cycle | Dice.com
Software Release Life Cycle – Quora
File systems External links:
What Is NTFS?: Local File Systems – technet.microsoft.com
DFS Tools and Settings: Remote File Systems
Access methods External links:
Web Security Service Access Methods – Symantec
Pros and Cons: 3 Types of Remote Access Methods
Software Access Methods – Northeastern ITS
Control Program Facility External links:
CPF – Control Program Facility | AcronymFinder
CPF abbreviation stands for Control Program Facility
IBM Information Management System External links:
Lyrics containing the term: ibm information management system
www.lyrics.com/lyrics/ibm information management system
IBM Information Management System 14 – United States
IBM Information Management System 15 – Overview – …
Proprietary software External links:
Proprietary Software for Free | USC Spatial Sciences Institute
Disadvantages of Proprietary Software | Chron.com
What is Proprietary Software? – Definition from Techopedia
Quality of service External links:
Guaranteed High Quality of Service for Business …
How To Measure Quality of Service | Service Quality
IBM Academic Operating System External links:
IBM Academic Operating System – Revolvy
www.revolvy.com/topic/IBM Academic Operating System
VM/XA SP External links:
University of Kentucky – Updates for VM/XA SP CMS 5.5
Software developer External links:
[PDF]Job Description for Software Developer. Title: …
Job Posting: Software Developer – DiscoverLink e-learning
Software Developer – Career Rankings, Salary, Reviews …
Open source software External links:
14 Best Free And Open Source Software For Windows 10 …
Project Trillian External links:
Project Trillian – Revolvy
ZEnterprise 196 External links:
MIPS Rating for IBM’s zEnterprise 196 Processors
IBM Redbooks | IBM zEnterprise 196 Technical Guide
Internet protocol suite External links:
TCP/IP Protocols – Internet Protocol Suite (V1) – YouTube
Internet Protocol Suite Flashcards | Quizlet
Internet protocol suite | Internet | FANDOM powered by …