What is involved in Cyber-physical system
Find out what the related areas are that Cyber-physical system connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Cyber-physical system thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Cyber-physical system journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Cyber-physical system leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Cyber-physical system related domains to cover and 117 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Cyber-physical system, Association for Computing Machinery, Automatic pilot, Autonomous automobile, Chemical process, Cloud computing, Computer network, Critical infrastructure, Cyber manufacturing, Deep-sea exploration, Embedded system, Functional Mock-up Interface, Home appliance, IEEE Spectrum, Idaho National Laboratory, Indoor positioning system, Industry 4.0, Internet of Things, Medical monitoring, National Science Foundation, Predictive manufacturing system, Process control system, Resilient control systems, SAP AG, Schneider Electric, Signal-flow graph, Smart grid, Wireless network:
Cyber-physical system Critical Criteria:
Survey Cyber-physical system visions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Cyber-physical system decisions.
– In what ways are Cyber-physical system vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What are our needs in relation to Cyber-physical system skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Why are Cyber-physical system skills important?
Association for Computing Machinery Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Association for Computing Machinery outcomes and change contexts.
– What are all of our Cyber-physical system domains and what do they do?
– Is there any existing Cyber-physical system governance structure?
– Which Cyber-physical system goals are the most important?
Automatic pilot Critical Criteria:
Recall Automatic pilot results and find the ideas you already have.
– Does Cyber-physical system create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Cyber-physical system Management?
– What about Cyber-physical system Analysis of results?
Autonomous automobile Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Autonomous automobile leadership and ask what if.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Cyber-physical system move?
Chemical process Critical Criteria:
Design Chemical process failures and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Chemical process.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Cyber-physical system into the services that we provide?
– Is Cyber-physical system Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Cloud computing tactics and maintain Cloud computing for success.
– Governance: Is there a governance structure to ensure that PII is managed and protected through its life cycle, even when it is stored or processed in a cloud computing environment?
– Have you considered what measures you will need to implement to ensure that the cloud provider complies with all applicable federal, state, and local privacy laws, including ferpa?
– How can you start to build to a position of trust and risk management when setting up cloud computing for your organization?
– How do you prove data provenance in a cloud computing scenario when you are using shared resources?
– What new opportunities are either enabled by or potential drivers of cloud computing?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT Service Management ?
– In which ways will Cloud Computing influence our approach Service Management
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– Will Cloud Computing replace traditional dedicated server hosting?
– How can we best leverage cloud computing and obtain security?
– Will cloud computing lead to a reduction in IT expenditure?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– Which is better for business open or closed clouds?
– How is cloud computing related to web analytics?
– Is there a market for developing niche clouds?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– How does BYOD affect security in the cloud?
– What problems does cloud computing solve?
– How do I estimate cloud computing costs?
– What threat is Cyber-physical system addressing?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Focus on Computer network risks and optimize Computer network leadership as a key to advancement.
– Which customers cant participate in our Cyber-physical system domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Cyber-physical system is underway?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
Critical infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Guard Critical infrastructure issues and track iterative Critical infrastructure results.
– What role(s) do or should national/international standards and organizations that develop national/international standards play in critical infrastructure Cybersecurity conformity assessment?
– What are the key elements of your Cyber-physical system performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What do organizations see as the greatest challenges in developing a cross-sector standards-based Framework for critical infrastructure?
– Which of these practices do commenters see as being the most critical for the secure operation of critical infrastructure?
– What do organizations see as the greatest challenges in improving Cybersecurity practices across critical infrastructure?
– What do we see as the greatest challenges in improving Cybersecurity practices across critical infrastructure?
– Are these practices widely used throughout critical infrastructure and industry?
– What are internal and external Cyber-physical system relations?
– Are there Cyber-physical system Models?
Cyber manufacturing Critical Criteria:
Group Cyber manufacturing decisions and transcribe Cyber manufacturing as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Cyber-physical system process?
– Is Cyber-physical system dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Deep-sea exploration Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Deep-sea exploration projects and look for lots of ideas.
– Will Cyber-physical system deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What business benefits will Cyber-physical system goals deliver if achieved?
– How do we Lead with Cyber-physical system in Mind?
Embedded system Critical Criteria:
Apply Embedded system quality and catalog what business benefits will Embedded system goals deliver if achieved.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Cyber-physical system leader?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Cyber-physical system been identified and analyzed?
Functional Mock-up Interface Critical Criteria:
Track Functional Mock-up Interface quality and create a map for yourself.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Cyber-physical system project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Cyber-physical system project lifecycle?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Cyber-physical system processes?
– What is our formula for success in Cyber-physical system ?
Home appliance Critical Criteria:
Detail Home appliance governance and catalog what business benefits will Home appliance goals deliver if achieved.
– Are there Cyber-physical system problems defined?
IEEE Spectrum Critical Criteria:
Check IEEE Spectrum results and oversee IEEE Spectrum requirements.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Cyber-physical system project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Do we monitor the Cyber-physical system decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How do we go about Comparing Cyber-physical system approaches/solutions?
Idaho National Laboratory Critical Criteria:
Define Idaho National Laboratory decisions and do something to it.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Cyber-physical system opportunities costing us money?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Cyber-physical system project?
– Have all basic functions of Cyber-physical system been defined?
Indoor positioning system Critical Criteria:
Focus on Indoor positioning system quality and display thorough understanding of the Indoor positioning system process.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Cyber-physical system services/products?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Cyber-physical system activities?
Industry 4.0 Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Industry 4.0 planning and transcribe Industry 4.0 as tomorrows backbone for success.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Cyber-physical system models, tools and techniques are necessary?
Internet of Things Critical Criteria:
Focus on Internet of Things outcomes and find the ideas you already have.
– How will IoT applications affect users control over their own privacy and how will they react?
– Do you believe that additional principles and requirements are necessary for IoT applications?
– What additional principles and requirements are necessary for IoT applications?
– Who should be involved in the definition of an IoT ethical charter?
– What is the foreseen roadmap of IoT applications with the main milestones?
– Can we clarify what some of our real opportunities in iiot are?
– Have you established a Center of Excellence (COE) for the IoT?
– What are internet of things products with commercial success?
– How will IoT edge devices be monitored, managed and updated?
– What are our risks and challenges in implementing iiot?
– Which user group(s) will have access to the system?
– Which applications and services will be expected?
– How do you address back-end system integration?
– How can we implement Internet of things?
– From whom is the information collected?
– What is the go-to -market strategy?
– How is identity managed at scale?
– What are the disruptive aspects of IoT?
– Can we remove maintenance?
– What is a thing?
Medical monitoring Critical Criteria:
Administer Medical monitoring strategies and find the ideas you already have.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Cyber-physical system goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Does Cyber-physical system analysis show the relationships among important Cyber-physical system factors?
National Science Foundation Critical Criteria:
Shape National Science Foundation projects and find out what it really means.
– How can you negotiate Cyber-physical system successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Cyber-physical system ?
Predictive manufacturing system Critical Criteria:
Audit Predictive manufacturing system tasks and separate what are the business goals Predictive manufacturing system is aiming to achieve.
– In a project to restructure Cyber-physical system outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Is a Cyber-physical system Team Work effort in place?
Process control system Critical Criteria:
Depict Process control system planning and define Process control system competency-based leadership.
– How do we go about Securing Cyber-physical system?
Resilient control systems Critical Criteria:
Gauge Resilient control systems adoptions and look for lots of ideas.
– How will you measure your Cyber-physical system effectiveness?
– Why is Cyber-physical system important for you now?
SAP AG Critical Criteria:
Understand SAP AG results and point out SAP AG tensions in leadership.
– What is our Cyber-physical system Strategy?
Schneider Electric Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Schneider Electric strategies and assess and formulate effective operational and Schneider Electric strategies.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Cyber-physical system that make it risky?
– Who sets the Cyber-physical system standards?
– How to deal with Cyber-physical system Changes?
Signal-flow graph Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Signal-flow graph failures and create Signal-flow graph explanations for all managers.
– What are the long-term Cyber-physical system goals?
– What are current Cyber-physical system Paradigms?
Smart grid Critical Criteria:
Focus on Smart grid risks and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Smart grid results.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Cyber-physical system product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Does your organization perform vulnerability assessment activities as part of the acquisition cycle for products in each of the following areas: Cybersecurity, SCADA, smart grid, internet connectivity, and website hosting?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Cyber-physical system processes of our organization?
– What are the short and long-term Cyber-physical system goals?
Wireless network Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Wireless network goals and proactively manage Wireless network risks.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Cyber-physical system workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– If wireless technology is used, do perimeter firewalls exist between wireless networks and the payment card environment?
– What percentage of classrooms in the school has access to the schools wireless network?
– What vendors make products that address the Cyber-physical system needs?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Cyber-physical system Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Cyber-physical system External links:
EuroCPS | Cyber-Physical Systems
Cyber-Physical Systems – a Concept Map
Association for Computing Machinery External links:
[PDF]LaTeX Class for Association for Computing Machinery
Association for Computing Machinery | Climate for Change
Association for Computing Machinery
Automatic pilot External links:
automatic pilot – Everything2.com
Automatic Pilot – tianyuan.store
[PDF]Automatic Pilot – airmate.store
Chemical process External links:
17 Best Title:(chemical Process Operator) jobs (Hiring …
Cloud computing External links:
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
ClearDATA – Secure, HIPAA Compliant Cloud Computing
Computer network External links:
Computer network (eBook, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
15-1152.00 – Computer Network Support Specialists
What is a Computer Network? Webopedia Definition
Critical infrastructure External links:
Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience – FEMA
Critical infrastructure protection – usfa.fema.gov
Embedded system External links:
Embedded system (eBook, 2011) [WorldCat.org]
Embedded Systems 101 – Embedded Systems Learning …
Embedded System PPT | Embedded System | …
Functional Mock-up Interface External links:
Related | Functional Mock-up Interface
FMI – Functional Mock-up Interface
Home appliance External links:
Modern Home Appliance Company – Chambersburg, PA
Major Home Appliance Repair – Washer Repair, …
M and S Home Appliance LLC – Yuma, AZ
IEEE Spectrum External links:
IEEE Spectrum – Home | Facebook
IEEE Spectrum – Google+
IEEE Spectrum – Official Site
Idaho National Laboratory External links:
Idaho National Laboratory Salaries | CareerBliss
Idaho National Laboratory-Idaho Falls-University of Idaho
Jobs at Idaho National Laboratory | Indeed.com
Indoor positioning system External links:
Mobile Safety Apps – Indoor Positioning System – 911Cellular
Indoor Positioning System – data drives innovation
Indoor Positioning System – Safety Apps – 911Cellular
Industry 4.0 External links:
QiO – Industry 4.0 Software Company
Technology Day Industry 4.0
Industry 4.0 Summit – discover the 4th industrial revolution
Internet of Things External links:
AT&T M2X: Build solutions for the Internet of Things
Physical Web Touchpoint Browsing for the Internet of Things
Medical monitoring External links:
Welcome to WTC Medical Monitoring and Treatment Program
How Medical Monitoring Works – LifeStation
Elastic Care – Remote Medical Monitoring
National Science Foundation External links:
NSF Remote Access | NSF – National Science Foundation
National Science Foundation – Visit Alexandria VA
NSF – National Science Foundation
Process control system External links:
Bailey Net-90 Process Control System Hardware – GovDeals.com
Resilient control systems External links:
“Towards Assurance Cases for Resilient Control Systems…
SAP AG External links:
Copyright © SAP AG. All Rights Reserved.
User Management, SAP AG – haascnc.com
User Management, SAP AG – Welcome! Please Sign in.
Schneider Electric External links:
My Schneider Electric – Login
EcoStruxure IT | Mobile Insights by Schneider Electric
Smart grid External links:
Smart Grid – AbeBooks
Honeywell Smart Grid
[PDF]Smart Grid Asset Descriptions
Wireless network External links:
AT&T MicroCell Wireless Network Extender
How to set up Wireless Network Connection in Windows …
Setting up a wireless network – Windows Help