What is involved in Developer Testing
Find out what the related areas are that Developer Testing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Developer Testing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Developer Testing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Developer Testing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Developer Testing related domains to cover and 155 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Developer Testing, Deployment environment, Acceptance testing, Application lifecycle management, Cloud computing, Computer program, Computer system, Continuous integration, Data center, Development, testing, acceptance and production, Development environment, Domestic canary, Feature flag, Hot swapping, Hotfix, Integrated development environment, Load testing, Production support, Release management, Revision control, Sandbox, Service pack, Software Development, Software component, Software deployment, Software performance testing, Test Environment Management:
Developer Testing Critical Criteria:
Confer over Developer Testing decisions and work towards be a leading Developer Testing expert.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Developer Testing leader?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Developer Testing?
– Who needs to know about Developer Testing ?
Deployment environment Critical Criteria:
Scan Deployment environment quality and catalog what business benefits will Deployment environment goals deliver if achieved.
– What are the disruptive Developer Testing technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How can you measure Developer Testing in a systematic way?
– How do we Lead with Developer Testing in Mind?
Acceptance testing Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Acceptance testing visions and observe effective Acceptance testing.
– Can we add value to the current Developer Testing decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What is your process for client reviews or acceptance testing?
– How do we manage Developer Testing Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How is the value delivered by Developer Testing being measured?
Application lifecycle management Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Application lifecycle management results and change contexts.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Developer Testing project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Developer Testing project lifecycle?
– What is the source of the strategies for Developer Testing strengthening and reform?
– Do we all define Developer Testing in the same way?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Guide Cloud computing leadership and interpret which customers can’t participate in Cloud computing because they lack skills.
– Business Considerations. Business considerations include the overall organizational readiness for using cloud computing. Is the application owner willing and comfortable with a cloud platform?
– Governance: Is there a governance structure to ensure that PII is managed and protected through its life cycle, even when it is stored or processed in a cloud computing environment?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– Is it more economical to move my existing datacenter-hosted service to the cloud, or to keep it in a datacenter?
– How will technology advancements in soa, virtualization and cloud computing further and enable saas adoption?
– Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– How will technology advancements in soa, virtualization and cloud computing further enable saas adoption?
– How can a small cloud computing consultancy take advantage of the Federal Cloud Computing Strategy?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– What is the future scope for combination of business intelligence and cloud computing?
– What are some cost cutting strategies for controlling cloud computing costs?
– What are the challenges related to cloud computing data security?
– How does cloud computing affect budget predictability for CIOs?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– How does BYOD affect security in the cloud?
– What are some cloud computing benchmarks?
– Defining terms: what is a cloud platform?
– Will cloud computing always lower costs?
Computer program Critical Criteria:
Administer Computer program projects and do something to it.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Developer Testing information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Developer Testing study?
– Is there any existing Developer Testing governance structure?
Computer system Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Computer system leadership and finalize the present value of growth of Computer system.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Developer Testing? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– During the last 3 years, have you experienced a disruption to your computer system that lasted longer than 4 hours for any reason (other than planned downtime)?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Developer Testing strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Continuous integration Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Continuous integration management and budget for Continuous integration challenges.
– Does your organization run a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) process?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Developer Testing activities?
– Why are Developer Testing skills important?
– How much does Developer Testing help?
– Will we use Continuous Integration?
Data center Critical Criteria:
Investigate Data center issues and innovate what needs to be done with Data center.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– An administrator of a virtualized data center is particularly concerned about nic failure. what should the administrator configure to address this concern?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– Do operating procedures require systems to undergo a security/vulnerability scan before being placed into production?
– Which applications are best suited for the internal data center, and which ones make sense for the public cloud?
– Should the dataset be deposited in a national, international or discipline-based data center?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– What are our needs in relation to Developer Testing skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How likely is the current Developer Testing plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Is stuff in the cloud on the same legal footing as stuff in your data center?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– Why should data center elements be monitored?
– What about Developer Testing Analysis of results?
Development, testing, acceptance and production Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Development, testing, acceptance and production visions and find answers.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Developer Testing process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Developer Testing process available?
– Does Developer Testing analysis show the relationships among important Developer Testing factors?
– How do we measure improved Developer Testing service perception, and satisfaction?
Development environment Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Development environment goals and explore and align the progress in Development environment.
– What types of resources (e.g., virtual machines, storage space, development environments) does the provider offer as part of each of its service models?
– And how many Agile development environments are exactly the same?
– Can we do Developer Testing without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Will the customer have access to a development environment?
– What will drive Developer Testing change?
Domestic canary Critical Criteria:
Add value to Domestic canary issues and prioritize challenges of Domestic canary.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Developer Testing experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Does Developer Testing create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What are the short and long-term Developer Testing goals?
Feature flag Critical Criteria:
Use past Feature flag tactics and report on developing an effective Feature flag strategy.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Developer Testing workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How can you negotiate Developer Testing successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Hot swapping Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Hot swapping outcomes and pay attention to the small things.
– What are internal and external Developer Testing relations?
– How can the value of Developer Testing be defined?
– What is Effective Developer Testing?
Hotfix Critical Criteria:
Start Hotfix results and overcome Hotfix skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Developer Testing Management?
– Are we Assessing Developer Testing and Risk?
Integrated development environment Critical Criteria:
Coach on Integrated development environment management and finalize specific methods for Integrated development environment acceptance.
– What are the usability implications of Developer Testing actions?
Load testing Critical Criteria:
Confer re Load testing engagements and drive action.
– IDS/IPS traffic pattern analysis can often detect or block attacks such as a denial-of-service attack or a network scan. However, in some cases this is legitimate traffic (such as using cloud infrastructure for load testing or security testing). Does the cloud provider have a documented exception process for allowing legitimate traffic that the IDS/IPS flags as an attack pattern?
– When the engineering team is satisfied, and pushes the new features to a full automation run, including load testing, how long does it take to declare the service ready to use?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Developer Testing is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Developer Testing?
Production support Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Production support issues and separate what are the business goals Production support is aiming to achieve.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Developer Testing process?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Developer Testing activities?
Release management Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Release management adoptions and raise human resource and employment practices for Release management.
– How do these developers concur over long distances in environments where people rarely if ever meet face to face in a virtual organization?
– In some projects up to 85% of the changes are performed by a small core of developers, what space for innovation is left?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Developer Testing processes?
– Is it possible to get a quality product out of this design process?
– Where do requirements come from (and what should we do about it)?
– What to build, how to build it, build it, and is it built right?
– How will the offeror provide support through the help desk?
– What tools and techniques are use to support these activities?
– What are the development, release, and deployment activities?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– What can a cms do for an open source project?
– Who must complete a release management plan?
– How do we know that all tasks are complete?
– When is a release management plan used?
– Are there recognized Developer Testing problems?
– what is NEXT FOR RELEASE MANAGEMENT AND DEVOPS?
– Can you Reduce your release window by 90%?
– When to buy vs. build ?
– All tasks complete?
Revision control Critical Criteria:
Grade Revision control visions and get going.
– In what ways are Developer Testing vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Developer Testing been identified and analyzed?
Sandbox Critical Criteria:
Read up on Sandbox issues and forecast involvement of future Sandbox projects in development.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Developer Testing services/products?
Service pack Critical Criteria:
Recall Service pack planning and cater for concise Service pack education.
– How do the elements of our service package support our competitive strategy?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Developer Testing effort?
Software Development Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Software Development tactics and don’t overlook the obvious.
– With this new, full-stack approach to software delivery comes new opportunity for delay. DevOps was developed as a reaction to the long lead times required for infrastructure provisioning and integration with bureaucracy-laden ITIL processes. But what are these new sources of delay in the software development lifecycle?
– The sprint backlog is the list of work the team must address during the next sprint. The list is derived by selecting stories/features from the top of the product backlog until the team feels they have enough work to fill the sprint. Is this done by the team asking, Can we also do this?
– What is the difference, if any, in customer satisfaction between the use and results of agile-driven software development methods and the use and results of plan-driven software development software development methods?
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– Are meetings viewed as ways for managers to micromanage their teams: what have you done in the last 24 hours?
– How do scaling issues affect the manner in which you fulfill your goal of identifying your initial scope?
– Does the organization have a distinct quality program that support continuous process improvement?
– Is our organization clear about the relationship between agile software development and DevOps?
– What kind of enabling and limiting factors can be found for the use of agile methods?
– What are the a best practices for Agile SCRUM Product Management?
– What is the best online tool for Agile development using Kanban?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– How could principles be more precisely measured or valued?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– What does it mean to scale agile solution delivery?
– How could a more enhanced framework be developed?
– How large is the system that is being developed?
– Detaching: when does it break down?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
– Why Agile, and Why Now?
Software component Critical Criteria:
Guide Software component decisions and balance specific methods for improving Software component results.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Developer Testing models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Developer Testing strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Can we answer questions like: Are all identified requirements allocated to software components?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Developer Testing project?
Software deployment Critical Criteria:
Adapt Software deployment governance and define what our big hairy audacious Software deployment goal is.
– Do the Developer Testing decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Will Developer Testing deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How to Secure Developer Testing?
Software performance testing Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Software performance testing decisions and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Software performance testing.
– Do those selected for the Developer Testing team have a good general understanding of what Developer Testing is all about?
– How will you know that the Developer Testing project has been successful?
Test Environment Management Critical Criteria:
Check Test Environment Management goals and sort Test Environment Management activities.
– Does Developer Testing systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Is Supporting Developer Testing documentation required?
– Are there Developer Testing Models?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Developer Testing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Developer Testing External links:
ROBLOX Fame Developer Testing – ROBLOX
FlyBristol Developer Testing – Roblox
Deployment environment External links:
Configure SIBus in a Network Deployment environment – ibm.com
TestStand Debug Deployment Environment – National Instruments
Acceptance testing External links:
Acceptance Testing | Electrical Contractor Magazine
UltiPro User-Acceptance Testing (UAT) Instructions | …
Application lifecycle management External links:
HP Application Lifecycle Management 12.50 – New York
[PDF]Application Lifecycle Management – Deloitte
[PDF]Application Lifecycle Management – IT Pro Forum
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Compliant Cloud Computing Simplified – Lumen21
Computer program External links:
First computer program developed to detect DNA …
Buffett and Beyond Computer Program & Video Newsletter
Computer system External links:
New Mexico’s computer system gets an upgrade | …
Network & Computer System Administrator AAS
computer system Definition from PC Magazine Encyclopedia
Continuous integration External links:
Continuous Integration – CI | CircleCI
Continuous Integration and Deployment for iOS | buddybuild
Data center External links:
App Development, Data Center Solutions, Salesforce & IT
Open Data Portal | NJOIT Open Data Center
Defense Manpower Data Center – PSA Division
Development, testing, acceptance and production External links:
Development, testing, acceptance and production – …
Development environment External links:
Home – Development Environment for Web Services
Choose Your Development Environment | ARCore | …
Postman | API Development Environment
Domestic canary External links:
Domestic canary – Topic – YouTube
Domestic Canary | Bird Kingdom
Feature flag External links:
There are heaps of other reasons you would want to use this tho – one of the main being enabling Continuous Delivery: pushing things into production/live yet having the feature disabled/toggled until it’s completed. We often use what we call a ‘dev cookie’ to show uncompleted features to just the dev team.
architecture – What is a “feature flag”? – Stack Overflow
architecture – What is a “feature flag”? – Stack Overflow
Hot swapping External links:
Hot Swapping a Hard Drive in a Rack – YouTube
How to: Enable Hot Swapping of Assemblies [AX 2012]
Hotfix External links:
MilitaryCAC’s ActivClient 7 hotfix update page
Integrated development environment External links:
Integrated Development Environment: C/C++ …
Integrated Development Environment (IDE) – Progress …
Anypoint Studio | Integrated Development Environment …
Load testing External links:
Load Testing & Website Performance Tools | LoadView
Vehicle Battery Testing and Load Testing – ThoughtCo
JMeter Load Testing Tutorials and Resources | BlazeMeter
Production support External links:
Production Support Utility – Login Page
Production Support | CADD – CADD Manual
Production support is the practices and disciplines of supporting the IT systems/applications which are currently being used by the end users. A production support person/team is responsible for receiving incidents and requests from end-users, analyzing these and either responding to the end user with a solution or escalating it to the other IT teams.
Sandbox External links:
SMART Health IT Sandbox – Sandbox Manager
Home – The Sandbox Evolution
Life is Feudal – Sandbox MMORPG
Service pack External links:
This is the self-extracting executable that contains the update package for Windows XP Service Pack 3. Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) includes all previously
Download Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 …
Install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) – Windows Help
Software component External links:
Web based itrezzo Self Service Update software component
Software Component Integration Testing | NIST
What is a software component? | Software Architecture
Software deployment External links:
Software Deployment – PC Power Management – IT …
Software Deployment Testing – University of Nevada, Reno
Software performance testing External links:
Genealogy Software Performance Testing – …
What is Software Performance Testing? – Segue …
Test Environment Management External links:
Overview – Test Environment Management in Jira
Apwide – Test Environment Management in Jira
What are some Test Environment Management tools? – …