What is involved in Large-Scale Agile Development
Find out what the related areas are that Large-Scale Agile Development connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Large-Scale Agile Development thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Large-Scale Agile Development journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Large-Scale Agile Development leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Large-Scale Agile Development related domains to cover and 248 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Large-Scale Agile Development, Software documentation, Object-oriented programming, Pair Programming, Software archaeology, Large-Scale Agile Development, Burndown chart, Waterfall model, Acceptance test-driven development, Watts Humphrey, Federal government of the United States, Agile Unified Process, Software architecture, Information model, Requirements engineering, Biblioteca Nacional de España, Test-driven development, Software bug, Capability Maturity Model, Large-Scale Scrum, Agile modeling, Project planning, Domain-driven design, Project team, Software prototyping, Aspect-oriented software development, Risk management, Service-oriented architecture, Build light indicator, Work in process, Systems engineering, Extreme Programming, Software craftsmanship, Peri Tarr, Ivar Jacobson, Behavior-driven development, Software configuration management, Engagement marketing, Systems development life cycle, Data modeling, Alistair Cockburn, Microsoft Solutions Framework, IEEE Standards Association, Rational Unified Process, Agile software development, Bibliothèque nationale de France, Formal methods, Integrated Authority File, Graphical user interface builder, Service Bureau Corporation, Capability Maturity Model Integration, Infrastructure as Code, Niklaus Wirth, Software deployment, Acceptance testing, Danese Cooper, Quality assurance, Customer engagement, ISO 9000, Product owner, Software development methodology, Bertrand Meyer:
Large-Scale Agile Development Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Large-Scale Agile Development tactics and integrate design thinking in Large-Scale Agile Development innovation.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Large-Scale Agile Development process?
– How will you know that the Large-Scale Agile Development project has been successful?
– What is our formula for success in Large-Scale Agile Development ?
Software documentation Critical Criteria:
Coach on Software documentation engagements and catalog what business benefits will Software documentation goals deliver if achieved.
– What are the business goals Large-Scale Agile Development is aiming to achieve?
– Are we Assessing Large-Scale Agile Development and Risk?
Object-oriented programming Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Object-oriented programming tasks and cater for concise Object-oriented programming education.
– what is the best design framework for Large-Scale Agile Development organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How do we keep improving Large-Scale Agile Development?
– What are our Large-Scale Agile Development Processes?
Pair Programming Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Pair Programming quality and oversee Pair Programming management by competencies.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Large-Scale Agile Development information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Large-Scale Agile Development that make it risky?
– What is Effective Large-Scale Agile Development?
Software archaeology Critical Criteria:
Consult on Software archaeology tasks and describe which business rules are needed as Software archaeology interface.
– Is there a Large-Scale Agile Development Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Is Large-Scale Agile Development Required?
Large-Scale Agile Development Critical Criteria:
Merge Large-Scale Agile Development tactics and secure Large-Scale Agile Development creativity.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Large-Scale Agile Development into the services that we provide?
– What is the source of the strategies for Large-Scale Agile Development strengthening and reform?
Burndown chart Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Burndown chart adoptions and prioritize challenges of Burndown chart.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Large-Scale Agile Development, including any consulting or professional services?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Large-Scale Agile Development objectives?
– How can we improve Large-Scale Agile Development?
Waterfall model Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Waterfall model tactics and track iterative Waterfall model results.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Large-Scale Agile Development strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Large-Scale Agile Development strengthening and reform actually originate?
Acceptance test-driven development Critical Criteria:
Administer Acceptance test-driven development adoptions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Acceptance test-driven development results.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Large-Scale Agile Development delivery for example is new software needed?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Large-Scale Agile Development?
– Are there recognized Large-Scale Agile Development problems?
Watts Humphrey Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Watts Humphrey planning and find answers.
– Is there any existing Large-Scale Agile Development governance structure?
– How can skill-level changes improve Large-Scale Agile Development?
Federal government of the United States Critical Criteria:
Unify Federal government of the United States goals and check on ways to get started with Federal government of the United States.
– Among the Large-Scale Agile Development product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What are the usability implications of Large-Scale Agile Development actions?
Agile Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Agile Unified Process leadership and gather Agile Unified Process models .
– What management system can we use to leverage the Large-Scale Agile Development experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What are the disruptive Large-Scale Agile Development technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Participate in Software architecture risks and finalize specific methods for Software architecture acceptance.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Large-Scale Agile Development project?
– What is the purpose of Large-Scale Agile Development in relation to the mission?
Information model Critical Criteria:
Unify Information model governance and correct Information model management by competencies.
– Has the semantic relationship between information elements been identified based on the information models and classification schemes?
– What will drive Large-Scale Agile Development change?
Requirements engineering Critical Criteria:
Categorize Requirements engineering strategies and pioneer acquisition of Requirements engineering systems.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Large-Scale Agile Development forward?
– How to Secure Large-Scale Agile Development?
Biblioteca Nacional de España Critical Criteria:
Understand Biblioteca Nacional de España leadership and be persistent.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Large-Scale Agile Development? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How do we go about Securing Large-Scale Agile Development?
Test-driven development Critical Criteria:
Depict Test-driven development strategies and pay attention to the small things.
– To what extent does management recognize Large-Scale Agile Development as a tool to increase the results?
Software bug Critical Criteria:
Value Software bug visions and find out what it really means.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Large-Scale Agile Development?
– Does the Large-Scale Agile Development task fit the clients priorities?
– How much does Large-Scale Agile Development help?
Capability Maturity Model Critical Criteria:
Guide Capability Maturity Model adoptions and probe Capability Maturity Model strategic alliances.
– For your Large-Scale Agile Development project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Is the scope of Large-Scale Agile Development defined?
Large-Scale Scrum Critical Criteria:
Analyze Large-Scale Scrum engagements and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Think about the functions involved in your Large-Scale Agile Development project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Large-Scale Agile Development leaders?
– Why are Large-Scale Agile Development skills important?
Agile modeling Critical Criteria:
Chart Agile modeling issues and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Agile modeling is getting what it needs.
– Does our organization need more Large-Scale Agile Development education?
Project planning Critical Criteria:
Value Project planning engagements and cater for concise Project planning education.
Domain-driven design Critical Criteria:
Examine Domain-driven design engagements and devote time assessing Domain-driven design and its risk.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Large-Scale Agile Development workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Large-Scale Agile Development services/products?
Project team Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Project team results and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Project team decisions.
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– How do you know that your project team members are following the documented cm processes to establish the baseline and control changes to it?
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Is the project using any technologies that have not been widely deployed or that the project team is unfamiliar with?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– Project Team: Who will be on the project and for which dates?
– What are internal and external Large-Scale Agile Development relations?
– Describe the Leadership and Motivation for the Project Team?
– Did the project team have enough people to execute the project plan?
– Did the project team have the right skills?
Software prototyping Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Software prototyping management and achieve a single Software prototyping view and bringing data together.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Large-Scale Agile Development in a volatile global economy?
– Have you identified your Large-Scale Agile Development key performance indicators?
Aspect-oriented software development Critical Criteria:
Steer Aspect-oriented software development risks and create a map for yourself.
– Who will provide the final approval of Large-Scale Agile Development deliverables?
– What is our Large-Scale Agile Development Strategy?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Risk management tactics and research ways can we become the Risk management company that would put us out of business.
– Do regular face-to-face meetings occur with risk champions or other employees from a range of functions and entity units with responsibility for aspects of enterprise Risk Management?
– Do we have a a cyber Risk Management tool for all levels of an organization in assessing risk and show how Cybersecurity factors into risk assessments?
– If the liability portion of a Cybersecurity insurance policy is a claims-made policy, is an extended reporting endorsement (tail coverage) offered?
– To what extent is the companys common control library utilized in implementing or re-engineering processes to align risk with control?
– Do you standardize ITRM processes and clearly defined roles and responsibilities to improve efficiency, quality and reporting?
– Is your strategy development linked to Risk Management or any ERM? Or are you looking for ERM to support strategic objectives?
– What are your KEY PROCESSES, MEASURES, and GOALS for addressing risks associated with your products and operations?
– Which is the financial loss that the organization will experience as a result of every possible security incident ?
– Do our cloud providers implement governance risk management and compliance GRC well?
– Risk identification: what are the possible risk events our organization faces?
– Do we have sufficient internal security leadership to implement programs?
– Do governance and risk management processes address Cybersecurity risks?
– To whom does the IT Risk Management function or oversight role report?
– What are the core responsibilities of our Risk Management committee?
– Technology risk -is the project technically feasible?
– Do your recovery plans incorporate lessons learned?
– What threat is this space addressing?
– How do you justify a new firewall?
– How do you report cyberattacks?
– Why Cybersecurity?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Audit Service-oriented architecture failures and devise Service-oriented architecture key steps.
– Can we add value to the current Large-Scale Agile Development decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Large-Scale Agile Development process?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Large-Scale Agile Development?
Build light indicator Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Build light indicator leadership and maintain Build light indicator for success.
– Are assumptions made in Large-Scale Agile Development stated explicitly?
Work in process Critical Criteria:
Match Work in process engagements and attract Work in process skills.
– How can you negotiate Large-Scale Agile Development successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Review Systems engineering tasks and describe the risks of Systems engineering sustainability.
– When observing natural systems, complexity theorists can identify, to some degree, which systems have these features. to apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– What constraints apply, either in the nature and scope of our design effort (time, cost, funding, and other resources) or in the nature (size, cost, weight, etc.) of our solution?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– Is sufficient schedule time allocated to allow for dependencies on commercial off-the-shelf cots product deliveries?
– Does the project require agreements related to organizational data sharing that havent yet been created?
– How are you going to know that the system is performing correctly once it is operational?
– What is the structure of the different information aspects on the interface?
– What will happen if there is a loss of key staff or contractor personnel?
– Is systems engineering the solution to all of our systems problems?
– Why has systems engineering emerged as a distinct discipline?
– Has organization developed a plan for continuous improvement?
– What parts are connected to each other?
– How well should the system perform?
– How will we know when we are done?
– How much architecting is enough?
– What priorities are appropriate?
– Why use systems engineering?
– Deliver interim releases?
– Right business case?
– What is a system?
Extreme Programming Critical Criteria:
Adapt Extreme Programming quality and oversee implementation of Extreme Programming.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Large-Scale Agile Development project manager?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
Software craftsmanship Critical Criteria:
Merge Software craftsmanship quality and develop and take control of the Software craftsmanship initiative.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Large-Scale Agile Development project?
Peri Tarr Critical Criteria:
Derive from Peri Tarr results and catalog Peri Tarr activities.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Large-Scale Agile Development project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Large-Scale Agile Development project lifecycle?
– How do we know that any Large-Scale Agile Development analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What are the long-term Large-Scale Agile Development goals?
Ivar Jacobson Critical Criteria:
Align Ivar Jacobson outcomes and attract Ivar Jacobson skills.
Behavior-driven development Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Behavior-driven development tactics and catalog what business benefits will Behavior-driven development goals deliver if achieved.
– What business benefits will Large-Scale Agile Development goals deliver if achieved?
– Is a Large-Scale Agile Development Team Work effort in place?
Software configuration management Critical Criteria:
See the value of Software configuration management tactics and explore and align the progress in Software configuration management.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Large-Scale Agile Development processes?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Large-Scale Agile Development moving forward?
– What are some of the software Configuration Management tools?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– Motivation: why software Configuration Management?
– Why software Configuration Management ?
Engagement marketing Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Engagement marketing tasks and display thorough understanding of the Engagement marketing process.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Large-Scale Agile Development activities?
– How can the value of Large-Scale Agile Development be defined?
Systems development life cycle Critical Criteria:
Boost Systems development life cycle failures and overcome Systems development life cycle skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Large-Scale Agile Development processes?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Large-Scale Agile Development effort?
– Why is the systems development life cycle considered an iterative process?
– What are the five steps in the systems development life cycle (sdlc)?
Data modeling Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Data modeling decisions and prioritize challenges of Data modeling.
– Do those selected for the Large-Scale Agile Development team have a good general understanding of what Large-Scale Agile Development is all about?
Alistair Cockburn Critical Criteria:
Dissect Alistair Cockburn results and transcribe Alistair Cockburn as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What are all of our Large-Scale Agile Development domains and what do they do?
– What are the short and long-term Large-Scale Agile Development goals?
– Are there Large-Scale Agile Development Models?
Microsoft Solutions Framework Critical Criteria:
Grasp Microsoft Solutions Framework decisions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Large-Scale Agile Development leader?
– Does Large-Scale Agile Development create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
IEEE Standards Association Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about IEEE Standards Association visions and customize techniques for implementing IEEE Standards Association controls.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Large-Scale Agile Development?
Rational Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Reason over Rational Unified Process engagements and remodel and develop an effective Rational Unified Process strategy.
– What are our needs in relation to Large-Scale Agile Development skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Why should we adopt a Large-Scale Agile Development framework?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Group Agile software development tasks and report on developing an effective Agile software development strategy.
– When you are identifying the potential technical strategy(s) you have several process factors that you should address. As with initial scoping how much detail you go into when documenting the architecture, the views that you create, and your approach to modeling are important considerations. Furthermore, will you be considering one or more candidate architectures and what is your overall delivery strategy?
– Many teams will find that informal modeling sessions around whiteboards will be sufficient, although sometimes more formal modeling sessions, such as Joint Application Design (JAD) strategies or stakeholder interviews will work best. How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– Much of the agile advice is oriented towards small teams of up to ten people, who are either co-located or near located, who have ready access to their primary stakeholders, and who are working on software that can be easily organized into a series of small releases. What about large teams?
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– Imagine a scenario where you engage a software group to build a critical software system. Do you think you could provide every last detail the developers need to know right off the bat?
– How can we fix actual and perceived problems uncovered in ethnographic investigations of Agile software development teams?
– Can research really be relegated to a series of steps that when performed in sequence result in a new product?
– Is it important to have a very detailed specification and design before moving to implementation?
– What if any is the difference between Lean and Agile Software Development?
– Will the organizational culture support new values of the agile team?
– Have we developed requirements for agile software development?
– What is your favorite project managment interview question?
– Complexity: an appropriate framework for development?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– How large is the system that is being developed?
– Does your team use Agile Methodology?
– What is the expected system lifetime?
– Are Agile teams collocated?
– When should we not use it?
– How much modeling to do?
Bibliothèque nationale de France Critical Criteria:
Detail Bibliothèque nationale de France risks and describe the risks of Bibliothèque nationale de France sustainability.
– Is Large-Scale Agile Development Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How important is Large-Scale Agile Development to the user organizations mission?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Large-Scale Agile Development Management?
Formal methods Critical Criteria:
Investigate Formal methods risks and drive action.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Large-Scale Agile Development process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Large-Scale Agile Development process available?
Integrated Authority File Critical Criteria:
Chart Integrated Authority File tasks and research ways can we become the Integrated Authority File company that would put us out of business.
– How can you measure Large-Scale Agile Development in a systematic way?
Graphical user interface builder Critical Criteria:
Model after Graphical user interface builder goals and arbitrate Graphical user interface builder techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Large-Scale Agile Development values?
Service Bureau Corporation Critical Criteria:
Grasp Service Bureau Corporation strategies and question.
– Does Large-Scale Agile Development analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Capability Maturity Model Integration Critical Criteria:
Categorize Capability Maturity Model Integration planning and report on developing an effective Capability Maturity Model Integration strategy.
– How do we Identify specific Large-Scale Agile Development investment and emerging trends?
Infrastructure as Code Critical Criteria:
Drive Infrastructure as Code issues and ask what if.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Large-Scale Agile Development requirements in detail?
Niklaus Wirth Critical Criteria:
Look at Niklaus Wirth failures and budget for Niklaus Wirth challenges.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Large-Scale Agile Development move?
Software deployment Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Software deployment governance and interpret which customers can’t participate in Software deployment because they lack skills.
– What are current Large-Scale Agile Development Paradigms?
Acceptance testing Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Acceptance testing engagements and achieve a single Acceptance testing view and bringing data together.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Large-Scale Agile Development. How do we gain traction?
– Which customers cant participate in our Large-Scale Agile Development domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What is your process for client reviews or acceptance testing?
Danese Cooper Critical Criteria:
Probe Danese Cooper governance and explain and analyze the challenges of Danese Cooper.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Large-Scale Agile Development process?
– Which Large-Scale Agile Development goals are the most important?
Quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Start Quality assurance visions and learn.
– How do employee selection and development practices, as well as staff performance management, well-being, motivation, satisfaction, and compensation, contribute to the growth of the organization?
– Does the Quality Assurance record center contain copies of all previous revisions of the documents, including copies of applicable change notices?
– What is your Quality Assurance process to ensure that the large volumes of data gathered in the monitoring process are handled efficiently?
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– What is the availability of and cost of internal Quality Assurance manpower necessary to monitor each performance indicator?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– Are Quality Assurance records stored in folders, binders, or other suitable protection?
– What is the process for grading the application of qa requirements for activities?
– How do you assure that repairs andor preventative maintenance were completed?
– Did the environment mitigate or increase the severity of the occurrence?
– Does the Quality Assurance record center contain the selected documents?
– How do policies and procedures get updated within your department?
– How does the qa plan cover all aspects of the organization?
– How do you investigate complaints from the public?
– Are retention requirements specified for records?
– Is the target achievable by the current process?
– Who is responsible for overseeing this process?
– What is the qa plan?
Customer engagement Critical Criteria:
Examine Customer engagement planning and correct better engagement with Customer engagement results.
– Who needs to know about Large-Scale Agile Development ?
– Are virtual assistants the future of Customer Service?
ISO 9000 Critical Criteria:
Chat re ISO 9000 goals and oversee ISO 9000 management by competencies.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
– Have all basic functions of Large-Scale Agile Development been defined?
– How would one define Large-Scale Agile Development leadership?
Product owner Critical Criteria:
Frame Product owner governance and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Product owner projects.
– Scrums productivity stems from doing the right things first and doing those things very effectively. The product owner queues up the right work by prioritizing the product backlog. How does the team maximize its productivity, though?
– The Product Owner and the Team collaborate to do the best for the business. Each collaboration results in an improved ROI. But how much of an improvement?
– What about when our product is an integration of several different products, each with their own product owner?
– Who fills the Product Owner role?
Software development methodology Critical Criteria:
Generalize Software development methodology risks and get answers.
– What are our metrics to use to measure the performance of a team using agile software development methodology?
Bertrand Meyer Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Bertrand Meyer outcomes and spearhead techniques for implementing Bertrand Meyer.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Large-Scale Agile Development is underway?
– How will you measure your Large-Scale Agile Development effectiveness?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Large-Scale Agile Development Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Software documentation External links:
Software Documentation | Zenoss
How to Write Software Documentation: 8 Steps (with Pictures)
Software Documentation – FIREHOUSE Software®
Object-oriented programming External links:
MODULA-2 and object-oriented programming – ScienceDirect
What is object-oriented programming? – Quora
Pair Programming External links:
Introduction to Pair Programming, version 2 – YouTube
Software archaeology External links:
Software Archaeology – Reddit
Software Archaeology | CSIAC
Digging code: Software archaeology – TechRepublic
Burndown chart External links:
Burndown Chart – Answers – Salesforce Trailblazer Community
Understanding the Scrum Burndown Chart – Methods & Tools
Read a Burndown Chart | CA Agile Central Help
Waterfall model External links:
SDLC – Waterfall Model – tutorialspoint.com
Waterfall Model: What Is It and When Should You Use It?
Requirements Management Using Waterfall Model
Watts Humphrey External links:
Watts Humphrey | Stories and Memories of Watts
G. Watts Humphrey Jr. | | Thoroughbred Racing Dudes
G. Watts Humphrey, Jr. | America’s Best Racing
Agile Unified Process External links:
What is AGILE UNIFIED PROCESS? What does AGILE …
Agile Unified Process – Project Manager Life
Software architecture External links:
Software Architecture – O’Reilly Media
TRIZ for software architecture – ScienceDirect
Software Architecture | Overview
Information model External links:
[PDF]Information Models, Data Models, and YANG – ietf.org
Requirements engineering External links:
Requirements Engineering (eBook, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Collaborative Requirements Engineering – NIST
Requirements Engineering – Springer
Biblioteca Nacional de España External links:
Biblioteca Nacional de España – YouTube
Flickr: Biblioteca Nacional de España
Software bug External links:
iPad software bug fix? | Verizon Community
Capability Maturity Model External links:
[PDF]Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Overview
What is Capability Maturity Model (CMM)? – Definition …
Large-Scale Scrum External links:
Introduction to LeSS (Large-Scale Scrum) – Dawson – YouTube
Large-Scale Scrum – Craig Larman
Agile modeling External links:
Agile Modeling Principles Flashcards | Quizlet
Agile Modeling with Mind Map and UML | StickyMinds
Keys to the Successful Adoption of Agile Modeling – Smartsheet
Project planning External links:
[PDF]Project Planning and Development
Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management | …
Domain-driven design External links:
Domain-Driven Design Belgium (Brussels, Belgium) | Meetup
Project team External links:
How to Pick Project Team Members | Chron.com
How to Handling Poor Performance on a Project Team
Software prototyping External links:
Software Prototyping | Rapid Prototyping | AgileThought
Software Prototyping & Requirements Management …
Software Prototyping Engineer – Jeppesen Careers
Risk management External links:
Risk Management Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Risk Management Job Titles | Enlighten Jobs
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Service-Oriented Architecture Summary | Accenture
Microservices vs. Service-Oriented Architecture – NGINX
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Build light indicator External links:
Build Light Indicator from MadeInTheUSB on Tindie
What is BUILD LIGHT INDICATOR? What does BUILD …
Work in process External links:
Work in process. (Book, 1973) [WorldCat.org]
Work in Process | FlowTrac
Walkthrough: Calculating Work in Process for a Job
Systems engineering External links:
Integrated Systems Engineering
Systems Engineering and Operations Research
Industrial, Manufacturing, & Systems Engineering – UTA
Extreme Programming External links:
Extreme Programming | Agile Practitioners
Agile Project Management: Scrum, eXtreme Programming, …
Software craftsmanship External links:
Software Craftsmanship and Agile Development | …
Software Craftsmanship Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) | Meetup
Software Craftsmanship Principles & Practices | 8th Light
Peri Tarr External links:
Peri Tarr received her BS in Zoology from the University of Massachusetts Amherst in 1986, and her MS and PhD in Computer Science from the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Between her BS and MS/PhD, she worked full-time at the University of Massachusetts Physical Plant, attempting to introduce an automated system to help with the Plant’s operations. After receiving her PhD, she joined the IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center as a Research Staff Member in 1996, where she worked on and led various projects relating to issues of software composition, morphogenic software, and aspect-oriented software development.
Ivar Jacobson External links:
Ivar Jacobson (@ivarjacobson) | Twitter
Software configuration management External links:
[PDF]Software Configuration Management
Software configuration management
In software engineering, software configuration management (SCM or S/W CM) is the task of tracking and controlling changes in the software, part of the larger cross-disciplinary field of configuration management. SCM practices include revision control and the establishment of baselines. If something goes wrong, SCM can determine what was changed and who changed it.
Software Configuration Management – YouTube
Engagement marketing External links:
about us – Loyalty Marketing | Engagement Marketing
Rich Engagement Marketing – Platform Login
Quikly – Digital Engagement Marketing Platform
Systems development life cycle External links:
DOJ Systems Development Life Cycle Guidance Table of …
What Is Systems Development Life Cycle? – YouTube
[PDF]Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Methodology
Data modeling External links:
Data Modeling | IT Pro
Data modeling (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
The Difference Between Data Analysis and Data Modeling
Alistair Cockburn External links:
Alistair Cockburn | Facebook
Microsoft Solutions Framework External links:
Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF) Overview
Microsoft Solutions Framework Essentials – Download.com
Microsoft Solutions Framework. Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF) is a set of principles, models, disciplines, concepts, and guidelines for delivering information technology services from Microsoft. MSF is not limited to developing applications only; it is also applicable to other IT projects like deployment, networking or infrastructure projects.
IEEE Standards Association External links:
IEEE Standards Association – Sign In
[PDF]IEEE Standards Association Governance Meetings …
IEEE Standards Association – Sign In
Rational Unified Process External links:
The Rational Unified Process for testers – IBM
When should we use Rational Unified Process? – Quora
What is Rational Unified Process (RUP)? Webopedia Definition
Agile software development External links:
What is Agile Software Development? | Agile Alliance
8 Benefits of Agile Software Development | Segue …
Best documentation practices in agile software development
Bibliothèque nationale de France External links:
BnF – Bibliothèque nationale de France – Home | Facebook
Formal methods External links:
Tenth NASA Formal Methods Symposium (NFM 2018)
Formal Methods in Architecture – Home | Facebook
Formal methods for web security – ScienceDirect
Integrated Authority File External links:
MEDLARS indexing integrated authority file : chemical section
Integrated Authority File (GND) – Deutsche Nationalbibliothek
Integrated Authority File – YouTube
Graphical user interface builder External links:
Graphical user interface builder – YouTube
[PDF]GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE BUILDER GNUSTEP
Service Bureau Corporation External links:
THE SERVICE BUREAU CORPORATION – Bizapedia.com
Capability Maturity Model Integration External links:
[PDF]Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Overview
Infrastructure as Code External links:
What is Infrastructure as Code? | DevOps – Visual Studio
[PDF]Infrastructure as Code whitepaper – d0.awsstatic.com
Infrastructure as code – the foundation for DevOps | Puppet
Niklaus Wirth External links:
Niklaus Wirth Quotes – BrainyQuote
Niklaus Wirth Profiles | Facebook
Niklaus Wirth | Alec Nevala-Lee
Software deployment External links:
Software Deployment – PC Power Management – IT …
Software Deployment Testing – University of Nevada, Reno
Acceptance testing External links:
UltiPro User-Acceptance Testing (UAT) Instructions | …
[PDF]Chapter 10 Receiving, Inspection, Acceptance Testing …
Danese Cooper External links:
Danese Cooper | Facebook
Danese Cooper – Google+
Quality assurance External links:
Think of quality assurance as before the goods or services have been produced and quality control is during the production of the goods or services. The former ensures that there will be quality and the latter controls the execution to ensure that there was quality.
[PDF]TITLE: QUALITY ASSURANCE PROVISIONS – …
Quality Assurance Job Titles | Enlighten Jobs
Customer engagement External links:
Customer Engagement Software: Live Chat & Email | Moxie
Customer engagement (CE) is an effect, a reaction, a connection, a response and/or an experience of customers with one another, with a company or a brand. The initiative for engagement can be either consumer-or company-led and the medium of engagement can be on or offline.
ISO 9000 External links:
Florida ISO 9000 Total Quality Management Consulting
What is ISO 9000? – Definition from WhatIs.com
ISO 9000 Series of Quality Standards – 9000 Store
Product owner External links:
Scrum Product Owner: The Agile Product Owner’s Role
LeanEssays: The Product Owner Problem
Software development methodology External links:
CISA Exam-Software Development Methodology …
CIS 610 | Software Development Methodology – CSU Online
Bertrand Meyer External links:
Bertrand Meyer (@Bertrand_Meyer) | Twitter
Bertrand Meyer – The Mathematics Genealogy Project
Bertrand Meyer – Official Site