What is involved in Business transaction performance
Find out what the related areas are that Business transaction performance connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business transaction performance thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business transaction performance journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business transaction performance leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business transaction performance related domains to cover and 57 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business transaction performance, Business transaction management, Application performance management, Buzzword, IT infrastructure, Information technology, Multitier architecture, Service-oriented architecture, Service level agreement:
Business transaction performance Critical Criteria:
Reason over Business transaction performance projects and probe the present value of growth of Business transaction performance.
– Who will provide the final approval of Business transaction performance deliverables?
– What are the long-term Business transaction performance goals?
– Who sets the Business transaction performance standards?
Business transaction management Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Business transaction management planning and achieve a single Business transaction management view and bringing data together.
– Among the Business transaction performance product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What is our Business transaction performance Strategy?
– How much does Business transaction performance help?
Application performance management Critical Criteria:
Analyze Application performance management quality and reduce Application performance management costs.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Business transaction performance product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Business transaction performance. How do we gain traction?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Business transaction performance values?
Buzzword Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Buzzword planning and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Buzzword.
– So, is DevOps a flash in the pan, an industry buzzword, or a new approach that will be cool for a couple of years and then superceded by the next big thing?
– In a project to restructure Business transaction performance outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What is the source of the strategies for Business transaction performance strengthening and reform?
– Does the Business transaction performance task fit the clients priorities?
IT infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Huddle over IT infrastructure engagements and frame using storytelling to create more compelling IT infrastructure projects.
– Can we achieve even more efficient utilization of software and hardware within mission systems and IT infrastructure investments?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Business transaction performance project?
– What IT infrastructure do we have and what do we need to support the future organization needs?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– How to get alignment between business strategy and IT infrastructure?
– How can we improve Business transaction performance?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Recall Information technology decisions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Information technology results.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Business transaction performance process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Business transaction performance process available?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Business transaction performance process?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Multitier architecture Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Multitier architecture tasks and attract Multitier architecture skills.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Business transaction performance is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Business transaction performance project manager?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Business transaction performance?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Grasp Service-oriented architecture goals and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Service-oriented architecture projects.
– Which customers cant participate in our Business transaction performance domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Does Business transaction performance analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How can skill-level changes improve Business transaction performance?
Service level agreement Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Service level agreement governance and overcome Service level agreement skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– How will the SLA be terminated if either party wants to terminate either for cause or for convenience?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– What is the impact of changing my suppliers and/or their SLAs on my capabilities to meet my SLAs?
– Who are the key service provider and customer contacts (name, phone number, email address)?
– Is Business transaction performance Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What are standard financial penalties for violating downtime in a Service Level Agreement?
– What are some examples of Service Level Agreements used by saas companies and or products?
– How will the agreement be terminated at the end of the initial term of the SLA?
– Does the provider offer any form of Service Level Agreement (SLA) guarantees?
– Do contracts contain adequate and measurable Service Level Agreements?
– What is the purpose of a IT Service Level Agreement?
– How will incidents be documented or logged?
– What quality standards already exist?
– What will it take to make it work?
– How many copies must be off-line?
– What services are NOT included?
– What is it going to take?
– What is Data Protection?
– How do I write an SLA?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business transaction performance Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business transaction performance External links:
Business Transaction Performance – Pinterest
Business transaction management External links:
Business transaction management – DocuSign
Oracle® Business Transaction Management Release …
Application performance management External links:
Application Performance Management | SolarWinds
Application Performance Management for Big Data – Unravel
Resources Archive – Application Performance Management
Buzzword External links:
Bees becoming buzzword in Raleigh planning :: WRAL.com
IT infrastructure External links:
What is IT Infrastructure? – Definition from Techopedia
The term infrastructure in an information technology (IT) context refers to an enterprise’s entire collection of hardware, software, networks, data centers, facilities and related equipment used to develop, test, operate, monitor, manage and/or support information technology services.
Chef – Automate IT Infrastructure | Chef
Information technology External links:
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Multitier architecture External links:
c# – Multitier Architecture – Stack Overflow
Multitier architecture – YouTube
Service level agreement External links:
[PDF]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Research and E & O
[PDF]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Frequently Asked …
[PDF]Service Level Agreement (SLA) – XO Communications
www.xo.com/sites/default/files/inline-files/DIA SLA Web.pdf