What is involved in Continual improvement process
Find out what the related areas are that Continual improvement process connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Continual improvement process thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Continual improvement process journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Continual improvement process leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Continual improvement process related domains to cover and 91 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Continual improvement process, Benchmarking, Business process management, Eco-Management and Audit Scheme, Environmental management system, ISO/IEC 15504, ISO/TC 176, ISO 14000, ISO 9000, Incrementalism, Institute of Quality Assurance, Kaizen, Masaaki Imai, Minimum viable product, Perpetual beta, Program management, Project management, Quality management, Training Within Industry, W. Edwards Deming:
Continual improvement process Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Continual improvement process tasks and ask what if.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Continual improvement process? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Continual improvement process requirements in detail?
– Is there any existing Continual improvement process governance structure?
Benchmarking Critical Criteria:
Recall Benchmarking projects and find out what it really means.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Continual improvement process is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Continual improvement process processes?
– What vendors make products that address the Continual improvement process needs?
Business process management Critical Criteria:
Canvass Business process management strategies and get the big picture.
– Is Continual improvement process dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Does the Continual improvement process task fit the clients priorities?
– How do we go about Comparing Continual improvement process approaches/solutions?
Eco-Management and Audit Scheme Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Eco-Management and Audit Scheme failures and sort Eco-Management and Audit Scheme activities.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Continual improvement process leaders?
– What are the long-term Continual improvement process goals?
– How would one define Continual improvement process leadership?
Environmental management system Critical Criteria:
Define Environmental management system tactics and grade techniques for implementing Environmental management system controls.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Continual improvement process?
– What are our needs in relation to Continual improvement process skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What are specific Continual improvement process Rules to follow?
ISO/IEC 15504 Critical Criteria:
Chat re ISO/IEC 15504 failures and document what potential ISO/IEC 15504 megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Continual improvement process study?
– How do we maintain Continual improvement processs Integrity?
ISO/TC 176 Critical Criteria:
Contribute to ISO/TC 176 decisions and create ISO/TC 176 explanations for all managers.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Continual improvement process activities?
ISO 14000 Critical Criteria:
Focus on ISO 14000 decisions and finalize the present value of growth of ISO 14000.
– In what ways are Continual improvement process vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
ISO 9000 Critical Criteria:
Have a session on ISO 9000 risks and oversee ISO 9000 requirements.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Continual improvement process. How do we gain traction?
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Continual improvement process effort?
– How can we improve Continual improvement process?
Incrementalism Critical Criteria:
Coach on Incrementalism quality and prioritize challenges of Incrementalism.
– Is maximizing Continual improvement process protection the same as minimizing Continual improvement process loss?
Institute of Quality Assurance Critical Criteria:
Grasp Institute of Quality Assurance outcomes and report on developing an effective Institute of Quality Assurance strategy.
– In the case of a Continual improvement process project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Continual improvement process project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Continual improvement process project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Continual improvement process processes?
– Are there Continual improvement process problems defined?
Kaizen Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Kaizen results and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Kaizen.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Continual improvement process project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Continual improvement process project lifecycle?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Continual improvement process that make it risky?
Masaaki Imai Critical Criteria:
Derive from Masaaki Imai governance and transcribe Masaaki Imai as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Think about the people you identified for your Continual improvement process project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How can the value of Continual improvement process be defined?
– How do we keep improving Continual improvement process?
Minimum viable product Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Minimum viable product adoptions and ask questions.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Continual improvement process strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Continual improvement process processes of our organization?
Perpetual beta Critical Criteria:
Adapt Perpetual beta governance and raise human resource and employment practices for Perpetual beta.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Continual improvement process objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Is the scope of Continual improvement process defined?
Program management Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Program management tactics and question.
– Will the focus of the program be: a single issue; a set of issues; a setting; a service characteristic; an environmental / organizational issue?
– A large-scale evaluation measuring several variables, or will it operate on a smaller scale, perhaps monitoring the implementation of a program?
– Has implementation of the program strengthened skills and knowledge of the target group and other stakeholders?
– Have consultations with the target group recorded what they see as the barriers and solutions to the issues?
– Have any stakeholders been involved with activities which could raise the programs profile?
– What quality control measures will be used to ensure the program progresses as planned?
– What is the range of potential strategies which could achieve the possible objectives?
– Which program is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the information?
– What is the primary purpose of conducting an evaluation of this program?
– Are there any potential stakeholders who might not support the program?
– What are the disadvantages of proceeding with the planned program?
– What are the opportunity costs for conducting the program?
– Has a system been set up to record the programs progress?
– How would a cyber attack affect our reputation and brand?
– Are we spending on the right security area priorities?
– How will the information be collected?
– How will the report(s) be distributed?
– What is the range of program goals?
– What were the unexpected outcomes?
– What are the most critical tasks?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Project management failures and pioneer acquisition of Project management systems.
– First iteration. The plan for the team is then a list of prioritized features, and who is to perform the tasks of developing the features is decided on during the iteration. What is important in the kick-off meeting to enable feedback and learning?
– Partial solutions can only be used if the information support is being developed for a process that has not yet been computerised. Namely, if users already use an old IT solution – will they partly use the old one and partly the new one?
– Are there contextual conditions, such as the size of the project or nature of the task, that signal a better fit for agile versus traditional project management approaches?
– How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– What are the key considerations and decisions that must be made to ensure your project management office is appropriate for your organization?
– Exactly how does one go about adapting the agile project management model for collocated teams to virtual ones?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– How will the existing culture and organizational structure be impacted by agile project management?
– A heuristic, a decision support system, or new practices to improve current project management?
– How could a new product or service be developed in this century without Agile Project Management?
– How difficult is agile project management for outsourced or off-shored projects?
– How is agile project management performed in the context of virtual teams?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– How do we create a culture that supports project management?
– What is the Technical aspect of Project Management?
– How do we deal with change when it happens?
– What is our Continual improvement process Strategy?
– What is agile project management?
– What is the cost of change?
– When does a project begin and end?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Jump start Quality management engagements and point out Quality management tensions in leadership.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Continual improvement process services/products?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Continual improvement process delivery for example is new software needed?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Continual improvement process move?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Training Within Industry Critical Criteria:
Investigate Training Within Industry goals and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Training Within Industry.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Continual improvement process project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Which Continual improvement process goals are the most important?
– Who sets the Continual improvement process standards?
W. Edwards Deming Critical Criteria:
Guard W. Edwards Deming issues and achieve a single W. Edwards Deming view and bringing data together.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Continual improvement process objectives?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Continual improvement process Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Benchmarking External links:
Welcome to B3 Benchmarking
Utility Tracking – Energy Benchmarking | WegoWise
Business process management External links:
Workflow Software, Business Process Management …
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
Eco-Management and Audit Scheme External links:
Eco-Management and Audit Scheme – How is Eco …
EMAS II (Eco-Management and Audit Scheme) by I. …
EMAS certificate (Eco-management and audit scheme)
Environmental management system External links:
[PDF]Environmental Management System Programs …
[PDF]ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Audit …
ISO/IEC 15504 External links:
ISO/IEC 15504-5:2012(en), Information technology ? …
ISO/IEC 15504 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
ISO/IEC 15504 Information technology – Process assessment, also termed Software Process Improvement and Capability Determination (SPICE), is a set of technical standards documents for the computer software development process and related business management functions.
ISO/TC 176 External links:
ISO/TC 176 – Revolvy
ISO/TC 176/SC 2/N 1254 – PDF Drive
ISO 14000 External links:
ISO 14000 Flashcards | Quizlet
List of Accredited Registrars, ISO 9000, ISO 14000, …
What is ISO 14000 and 14001? – Definition from WhatIs.com
ISO 9000 External links:
ISO 9000 – What Is ISO 9000? A Standards Series | ASQ
Benefits of ISO 9000 – Perry Johnson Registrars, Inc.
List of Accredited Registrars, ISO 9000, ISO 14000, …
Incrementalism External links:
Incrementalism (Model) Flashcards | Quizlet
Incrementalism – Ethics Unwrapped – UT Austin
Kaizen External links:
The Kaizen Way to Wellness | Dr. Tomas Hemgren
When and how to use kaizen events – Reliable Plant
Kaizen Foam – FastCap – Woodworking Tools
Masaaki Imai External links:
Masaaki Imai – Quality Gurus
An Interview With Masaaki Imai – Quality Digest
Perpetual beta External links:
Perpetual Beta – Broyhill Asset Management
Life in Perpetual Beta (2010) – IMDb
Perpetual Beta – TV Tropes
Program management External links:
DoN Consolidated Card Program Management Division
Project management External links:
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Quality management External links:
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Quality Management Training Solutions from BSI
Training Within Industry External links:
Training Within Industry – TERRA Staffing Group
Training Within Industry | Manufacturing Extension …
Training Within Industry (TWI) – Optima
W. Edwards Deming External links:
The W. Edwards Deming Institute
The W. Edwards Deming Institute
W. Edwards Deming Quotes – BrainyQuote